Interest Check: Atmel Controller Boards for the N64

Noah

retired
Portables
So I've got some of the Atmega chips on the way to me. I only need one so I'll have a bunch of extras if anyone wants them. I don't want to say "yeah for sure going to sell these!" unless there's a decent amount of people who want them. It'll be fully wired and ready to go.

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?PHPSESSID=flcvluuvckn69v5kc4b5iri7c0&topic=3574.0

There's the original thread with all of the info needed.

For anyone who doesn't understand it lets you use an analog stick (GC, PSX, or even sliders) with a first party N64 controller.

@ShockSlayer has one and can let you know if there are any deadzones and whatnot once he's back from MGC.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
They're pretty good. Work 100% fine with normal joysticks. Sliders are a bit iffy but that's the sliders themselves.

The software might've been updated to fix that though. I have no idea.

Noah

retired
Portables
Yeah, I want to talk with someone with a 3D printer about printing custom shells for the joystick. The chip and stick will both easily fit inside the original, but frankencasing each one would be a pain.

Noah

retired
Portables
Yeah, that's what I had planned on if they ever go "retail."

Only problem would be that I'd most likely use replacement caps for the sticks rather than harvesting them from a GC controller. They look and feel very similar to 1st party but aren't exact.

bentomo

sands mobos in a single swipe
I know the Chinese clones have good caps at least.

watsug

Doesn't micro on nffgames make pcbs that fit in the replacements sticks, or are made to be directly fit into the n64 controller?