Question Intec Gamecube Screen Problem

For some reason, this just started happening a few minutes ago, every time I turn on the screen, and then turn on my gamecube, the screen starts making a slight ticking noise and starts flashing white on the screen, with no audio or video from the gamecube. Has anyone else ever had this problem? What do I need to do? I've checked all the cords, and everything seems to be secure. I'll try to post a video as soon as possible.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Are you using an official Nintendo brand power supply? If it's a generic one, it is probably the issue.

I had this problem on my gcp when it wasn't getting enough amps. I've also had 3rd party power bricks cause video disturbance on just a gamecube with no screen, and the screen draws power from the power brick iirc

Ok, the battery isn't even registering that it's plugged in. I don't know. I'll research.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Can you try without the battery? Iirc the intec screen gets power from the power brick. Try removing the battery and plugging it in like normal.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
I had a similar issue with my N64 a while back. The problem was how my cartridge slot was wired up. Screens can do this when video signals aren't quite making it all the way there. When it comes to GameCube though, I don't have that much experience but a good procedure for troubleshooting screens is:

1. Make sure it's getting the required power (amp and volts)
2. Double check the screens settings (sometimes you can have the screen set for component when you need it set for composite)
3. Test a different known-good video source to verify that it is indeed the screen and not the console.
4. Triple check that everything is plugged in / soldered correctly and cleanly.
5. If you still can't figure it out, google it.
6. if google can't help you, cry. Cry a lot.

Turns out it's not the screen, it's the console itself.
No matter what power source I use, It keeps happening.
I'll try cleaning it and see if that helps.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Turns out it's not the screen, it's the console itself.
No matter what power source I use, It keeps happening.
I'll try cleaning it and see if that helps.
If it's the console, then changing the power source isn't going to solve your problem. I would check the cables you are using to connect the console to the screen. Make sure they aren't damaged. It may be that your console is just defective or has some other issues with it. You may want to consider getting a different one. If you aren't too far into your portable, then you should stop with the gamecubes and go for the Wii. There are about a billion reasons why it's better and here are a few that you should consider:

1. Cheaper
2. near 100% compatible with all GC games, plus you can play Wii games too.
3. Longer battery life, and not as hot as a GC.
4. Current, up-to-date help and documentation here on the site.

If you need more, then I can call in our official Wii mascot and advocate @Shank to enlighten you.

I fixed it.
Also, @Chaos , This isn't about making a portable. This is a stock gamecube with a battery and screen From a 3rd party.

The problem is still there. It's not the screen or the console, it's the battery pack, which sucks because it was kinda expensive and I don't want to buy another one. It's trying to provide to both the screen and the console, but it just isn't working, causing both the screen and the console to turn on and off at a rapid rate. How can I fix it?

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
The problem is still there. It's not the screen or the console, it's the battery pack, which sucks because it was kinda expensive and I don't want to buy another one. It's trying to provide to both the screen and the console, but it just isn't working, causing both the screen and the console to turn on and off at a rapid rate. How can I fix it?
My gc and screen acted exactly like that when they weren't getting enough power. So if the battery is doing that while fully charged, it's might be going bad. Although you never know, it might be just a loose wire somewhere inside it.