Question Installing BootMii without SD Card?

Is it possible to install BootMii as an ios without an SD card? I can't get Wii games to load on my trimmed Wii and it seems that BootMii is not installed. I've tried launching the HackMii installer but it just freezes at the loading part. Im assuming it does this because the SD card slot is missing? If there is no way to install it without an SD card I should be able to just wire up an SD card to my trimmed Wii and install it right?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You need an SD card, yeah. You can wire a slot to the vias on the trimmed mobo and do it that way, but you'll have to keep your wires short.

You need an SD card, yeah. You can wire a slot to the vias on the trimmed mobo and do it that way, but you'll have to keep your wires short.
Is there any chance of getting an SD card to work if my board looks like this? Seems that at least one of the traces has been cut.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Is there any chance of getting an SD card to work if my board looks like this? Seems that at least one of the traces has been cut.
Yeah, you can try to scratch and solder to the trace that would connect to that pad. It's a tiny trace, so it'll be fiddly, but it's doable if you're careful.