Discussion Inside an AliExpress Wii Portable

Portables
So I've been overhauling my PS2 portable recently and I've just got to know: What is that screen! Frankly I'd love a 4:3 solution with a smaller driver board than the Eyoyo 8" :D
Not sure of your preferences of PS2 video output, however there's the pimoroni 8" it's pricey and only has HDMI in. Or there's HE080IA-01D it's also the same 8" 1024*768 but it has the smaller driver boards with HDMI VGA (no 15 kHz) and composite. I'm still waiting on my pair to come in but they aren't too pricey.

8" LCD ebay

** Actually just realized that driver board in the previous photo is the one on the 8" I linked

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Not sure of your preferences of PS2 video output, however there's the pimoroni 8" it's pricey and only has HDMI in. Or there's HE080IA-01D it's also the same 8" 1024*768 but it has the smaller driver boards with HDMI VGA (no 15 kHz) and composite. I'm still waiting on my pair to come in but they aren't too pricey.

8" LCD ebay

** Actually just realized that driver board in the previous photo is the one on the 8" I li ked
Man that was a quick reply! I did muck around with VGA and HDMI solutions for PS2 portables but always seemed to hit some shortcoming when doing it, so I settled on yPbPr as a good video solution - my excitement on seeing this, of course, was that the driver board seemed to handle this input. Come to think of it: As a community we could really do with some tiny pre-programmed solution there but I personally wouldn't even know where to begin.

Portables
Man that was a quick reply! I did muck around with VGA and HDMI solutions for PS2 portables but always seemed to hit some shortcoming when doing it, so I settled on yPbPr as a good video solution - my excitement on seeing this, of course, was that the driver board seemed to handle this input. Come to think of it: As a community we could really do with some tiny pre-programmed solution there but I personally wouldn't even know where to begin.
I know there's been someone on the forums that has rewritten the software on one of those rtd2660s but I don't think it was ever released. Those chips do support component but that VGA port sadly is only wired to the VGA inputs.

Personally I'm planning on trying the component to HDMI board from electron-shepard to see how that driver board handles it. The BS2 from Benge is a widescreen 6.5" and has the same driver as far as I'm aware it's using just composite in his portable and it didn't look too bad