Inquiry concerning GCVideo chips from BadAss Consoles

Hey guys, I placed an order to badass consoles in February of 2017 for the GCVideo chip and was wondering if anyone here did the same and ever received anything or knows the current status of the project. There doesn’t seems to be any updates from Megalomaniac concerning the product, it’s almost been a year since his last public update. On top of this I haven’t been able to contact him in any way (email, Twitter). I don’t really mind waiting for the product but it’s been 2.5 years with very few progress updates, I worry if it will ever come to fruition.

Noah

retired
Portables
Hey man,

AFAIK he hasn't shipped a single GCVideo to anyone who has ordered. I've heard he did some kind of small "beta" run, but that was for the external GCVideo X or whatever he calls it and not the internal board. From what I heard, he did not want to manufacture an internal solution any longer. I'll also go ahead and mention that SS and I both received early versions of his board and that they were total horseshit. The quality was garbage, and when wired up to a GC, the video it output had artifacts all over the place along with bad interference because he removed necessary passives from the FPGA.

Apparently he hangs around in Extrems' corner's discord, so I'll leave an invite link for you. I read from a couple people on twitter that discord is about the only platform he hasn't abandoned, so you might want to give that a shot and ask him for a refund. From what I read it seems like he's willing to give refunds to those who hunt him down and ask, so it might be worth a try.

https://discord.gg/zjvCaQn

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
node: Oof badass consoles has now disabled dm messages from non friends lmao
I hope you got your message through in time, eventually someone will find another method of communication he hasn't shut off just yet... Maybe send him a letter? :P