Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

I want to start making my own designs for cases, but i dont have enough money for fusion 360. What would be a good alternative to it

elpepe

Is it possible to add a jack connector to a ps one?, and if it is, how?

Last edited:

Dozzi

I’m building the Ashida Wii portable and I’m wondering if the CL220 Klein Multimeter is going to cover everything I need.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I’m building the Ashida Wii portable and I’m wondering if the CL220 Klein Multimeter is going to cover everything I need.
I think so, provided it can be configured to 20k ohm range in resistance mode

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Not really, but my guess would be the RANGE button toggles.......... the range?

Dozzi

So it’s my first time trying to build a wii portable and I got the Wii and everything done only to find out that it’s a 6 layer and not a 4 layer and it can’t be used as a portable. Is there anything I can do with this or should I just sell it for parts?

Attachments

Hi, I just registered, I have no knowledge of modding and little funds *that could change rapidly.
I may be interested in making a Wii portable, I have a 4 layer Wii, I'm not confident in trimming it so I'll either buy a motherboard or I won't trim it as I've heard some people don't.

I have a family member who's into electronics/it but has never touched console parts. I'll watch every video on Shank's page.

The one resource I have is time.

In my wildest imagination, I'd put a Wii motherboard in an old laptop, I don't know if anyone has done that.
I know the best way to start is to try until you succeed but do you have more tips?
I've always been keen on D.I.Y., I've seen the Gboy but you know better than me how buying them isn't easy. The Ashida seems a bit hard, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

MJMT

Portables
Hi, I just registered, I have no knowledge of modding and little funds *that could change rapidly.
I may be interested in making a Wii portable, I have a 4 layer Wii, I'm not confident in trimming it so I'll either buy a motherboard or I won't trim it as I've heard some people don't.

I have a family member who's into electronics/it but has never touched console parts. I'll watch every video on Shank's page.

The one resource I have is time.

In my wildest imagination, I'd put a Wii motherboard in an old laptop, I don't know if anyone has done that.
I know the best way to start is to try until you succeed but do you have more tips?
I've always been keen on D.I.Y., I've seen the Gboy but you know better than me how buying them isn't easy. The Ashida seems a bit hard, correct me if I'm wrong.
My tips are to triple check all of the components you need before you buy them or you'll end up with tons of shipping fees, work in an extremely well lit area, and to have a good magnifying glass to check your work.

My tips are to triple check all of the components you need before you buy them or you'll end up with tons of shipping fees, work in an extremely well lit area, and to have a good magnifying glass to check your work.
Thanks, those are pretty specific.

MJMT

Portables
Thanks, those are pretty specific.
Guess I would add that you should check operation of your project after every step. You never know where you went wrong if you do too much at once.

I am working on starting my first wii portable and I am building the g-wii. Any suggestions on what guides I should follow or a list of parts needed to start

Looking to build an Ashida. Have most of the tools and a wii and oem controller. What kind of budget am I looking at with half the parts replaced or jacked up? Need the motherboards, case, and whatever sensors and parts I cant scavenge off the wii. Any help greatly appreciated.

I got my Wii trimmed and cleaned up the edges of it. Then I tried to test it to see if I did it right but I was not able to get a video signal to show up. Also when I did test it I had the batteries for the Ashida build hooked up to it in the right spots, Plz help.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I got my Wii trimmed and cleaned up the edges of it. Then I tried to test it to see if I did it right but I was not able to get a video signal to show up. Also when I did test it I had the batteries for the Ashida build hooked up to it in the right spots, Plz help.
You have your U10 wire connected to the wrong via. It's meant to be the next one down
1694176253212.png

I highly recommend replacing that thick U10 wire with some 34AWG enamelled magnet wire. It'll reduce the possibility of breaking the via, which is a concern with the wire you've used here. Also you really should be exposing less wire to reduce the likelihood of causing a short

Hi everyone! I've just set out on my Wii Miicro journey, and I think I may have gotten a little bit ahead of myself. I began trimming what I thought was a 6-Layer Wii for a Noldendo Miicro, but now I'm not too sure. Researching other Noldendo builds has made me realize that my motherboard is slightly different than all the builds I've seen before. I'll attach a photo of my board, pre and post trim. Have I made a terrible mistake? Is there any hope for me? I'd really appreciate a little guidance if possible. Thanks guys! :blush:

Attachments

Quick one,
If I wanted to emulate Dreamcast and Saturn, what system would you recommend as a base?As I wanna case it in with a Pi and a Wii for some kinda super emulation box.

Last edited: