Icy Wii - Cosmetic mod only

Right of the bat, I sincerely hope I won't trigger anyone with my use of a WiiKey fusion on a Wii. It's been catching dust for a while and someday (in another life) I'll take it out and use it on a GCP. Also, I don't know how to use anything else.

This is only a cosmetic mod. The Disk Drive was replaced with a 2.5D sculpture made out of a self drying water-based clay.
The Wii casing was primed, spraypainted and then covered with modeling paint. Same for the clay sculpture.
Then the Wii was clearcoated and put back together.
The supports and "walls" allowing the model to hold in place were 3D printed.

Pics :
traite_02.jpg

traite_03.jpg

traite_05.jpg

traite_01.jpg

traite_04.jpg

This was a "commission" for a friend and it took way too long. I'm almost satisfied with the result in the visual aspects but there are a lot of defects.
Other than that, I'll probably upgrade the backup playing method.

Hope some of you guys can still enjoy this for what it is ! I'm not muych of a hardcore modder sorry.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
I just saw this a few days ago on your twitter! I love themed cosmetic mods like this (even though I've never watched Adventure Time). Great job!

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I have watched the show, love the mod as well :P
Kinda curious how you did the corners so well, and did you sand it to make the edges rounded on the hole?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Sweet color scheme. I like how the shapes go over the edges and onto the next face. I really like how it looks overall

I have watched the show, love the mod as well :P
Kinda curious how you did the corners so well, and did you sand it to make the edges rounded on the hole?
Thanks ! Do you mean the corners of the triangle cutout? I can't remember for the life of me, but I'm sure it was a combination of :
- Dremel cutout wheel
- My smallest dremel drill bit (1 mm diameter)
- Sandpaper in a triangle shape
- X-acto knife to accentuate the sharp corner.

I sanded the surface and it did smooth out the cutout but it's not fully rounded, it's a pretty classic cutout :)

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Oh man this is awesome :D you did a fantastic job. I'm impressed that you did a combination of cosmetic and electrical work on it. That's my favorite kind of project. Your friend should be super psyched

Awesome job man! We love all types of mods here. You should take a wack at a portable one day, there’s tons of people willing to help you here, plus from the looks of it you could make a very attractive portable. ;)