Question I need help understanding Bluetooth relocation

Timo43

So I have been racking my brain for the past few weeks and flooding it with information. I have most of the info I need to build a portable but the diagram in the wii trimming guide about Bluetooth relocation confuses me. I understand the text but when I look at the pictures I can’t make out much. I’m not sure where I’m connecting anything or if I’m cutting traces. There are multiple pins of the same number and I just need some more description or a simpler diagram. If you can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Other questions:
Once I wire my Bluetooth module up how do I get it by itself do I cut it? Do I just need the component or do I need part of the board? In the guide it says to mount it. Can someone explain this process to me? I haven’t gotten my hands on a 4 layer wii yet so sorry if these are really basic questions. Once again thanks!

Last edited:

Timo43

So I have been racking my brain for the past few weeks and flooding it with information. I have most of the info I need to build a portable but the diagram in the wii trimming guide about Bluetooth relocation confuses me. I understand the text but when I look at the pictures I can’t make out much. I’m not sure where I’m connecting anything or if I’m cutting traces. There are multiple pins of the same number and I just need some more description or a simpler diagram. If you can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Other questions:
Once I wire my Bluetooth module up how do I get it by itself do I cut it? Do I just need the component or do I need part of the board? In the guide it says to mount it. Can someone explain this process to me? I haven’t gotten my hands on a 4 layer wii yet so sorry if these are really basic questions. Once again thanks!
Figured it out, this thread just made it click for some reason. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/first-wii-portable-for-final-paper.2917/#post-34801 Bottom half still remains unanswered if someone could help with that. I might have the entirely wrong idea. So if you could help I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

xsping

bluetooth module is plugged in the wii mother board, can be removed easily without cutting anything, and firstly, you need to get a real wii motherboard, and then you will understand the guide more easily.

Timo43

bluetooth module is plugged in the wii mother board, can be removed easily without cutting anything, and firstly, you need to get a real wii motherboard, and then you will understand the guide more easily.
Thanks! Just haven’t been able to go to a flea market yet, should be able to go soon and hopefully find one.
Edit: can someone mark this as solved?

xsping

go directly to choose a 4 layer wii to avoid any headache from a 6 layer wii,open the battery cover, if shown 40,50 or 60, it is 4 layer wii