Question I have a pretty cool idea for a portable.

It is a portable wii that looks (a bit) like a book from he outside but inside it is your typical folding wii portable. Here is a pic.
Drawing.png

should i build this (im a beginner to the modding community) or should i start with an ashida or a simpler one like that?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
There is no such thing as a "typical" clamshell portable. They're always more painful to do than people expect, and require significant expertise to do properly. I highly advise against trying for a clamshell design for your first build. An Ashida, G-Wii, or just a standard handheld design would be more sensible and achievable for a beginner.

For reference: I only know of 4 people who have successfully designed and built a fully functional clamshell Wii portable. It's not easy

There is no such thing as a "typical" clamshell portable. They're always more painful to do than people expect, and require significant expertise to do properly. I highly advise against trying for a clamshell design for your first build. An Ashida, G-Wii, or just a standard handheld design would be more sensible and achievable for a beginner.

For reference: I only know of 4 people who have successfully designed and built a fully functional clamshell Wii portable. It's not easy
yeah i that makes sense. Gingerofoz said it was hard to make it.