Question I didn't know where to put this, but I have a few questions.

So I just started to get into console modding and am still learning how to solder. But as I prepare for my first project of making a PS2 handheld, I have a truckload of questions.

1) I noticed that the store on Bit Built has been taken down. Will it be back up again sometime in the future?
2) If making a PS2 Handheld, would I be better of using parts from a regular PS2 or a PS2 Slim?
3) Aside from the CPU, what other parts from the console would I need? Would it be better to keep a memory card slot or not?
4) I know that there is a program that allows you to play downloaded Wii games for Wii handhelds. Is there a similar program for PS2 handhelds? And do I need to get physical versions of games to download them?
5) What parts of the PS2 CPU do I need and don't need?
6) If this project is too hard for someone beginning in modding, what would be a good starting project?

As I said I am completely new to all of this, but it seems extremely exciting and I feel like this could be an incredible learning experience and hobby for me in the future.

Heuic

1)No, but there is the 4 layer tech website and electron shepered, though most of the products are for the wii
2)You have to use a PS2 slim if your going to be doing a trim
3)Read up on the ps2 trimming guide
4)I know there is, I don't remember what its called. Do some basic googling
5)Again read the ps2 trimming guide
6)The Wii is easier to start with, it has way more documentation, support, products to make it easier, and multiple newbies have done it like me

Reactions: 512

Thank you so much! Where can I find the trimming guide?