Question I’m kinda new to this

Gabobo

I can answer this. You do not need a Wiikey Fusion. That was some old solderless modchip used for the wii around 2009-2010, before Nintendo splashed glue all over the Eeprom or whatever. We have PortablizeMii which is literally an all in one package to get mods on the wii without the need for WiFi. Then for the solder points, there is a Trimming guide that does answer all your questions, just look at the part's words and connect them to what you need on the board. Nowadays, there's this 'Manual' button up top that has exactly what you are looking for, including pictures of exactly the correct and best spots to solder onto. Then there's also a compendium somewhere on the wii section of the forum that has layered pictures of alternate point to solder onto. Get Multimeter and learn how to use it. It is super important towards the end of the project when you need to check your connections.

Kaos03

I can answer this. You do not need a Wiikey Fusion. That was some old solderless modchip used for the wii around 2009-2010, before Nintendo splashed glue all over the Eeprom or whatever. We have PortablizeMii which is literally an all in one package to get mods on the wii without the need for WiFi. Then for the solder points, there is a Trimming guide that does answer all your questions, just look at the part's words and connect them to what you need on the board. Nowadays, there's this 'Manual' button up top that has exactly what you are looking for, including pictures of exactly the correct and best spots to solder onto. Then there's also a compendium somewhere on the wii section of the forum that has layered pictures of alternate point to solder onto. Get Multimeter and learn how to use it. It is super important towards the end of the project when you need to check your connections.
the g boy manual has all the wiring guides and ill look into the compendium thank you

one last thing are there any guides that show how to wire a headphone jack
Edit: in the g boy manual there are pcbs that are different from the gc+ and u amp I’m using in the gwii do they still function and wire the same
Edit 2: do you need to plug the sd card adapter into the usb c pcb if so what kind is it
Edit 3: also i have a 6 layer board how different are they from the 4

[MOD EDIT - MERGED]

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabobo

Okay so G-Boy uses brand new custom variations of those custom PCBs exclusive to the G-Boy kit. They look like they function the exact same except with beginner friendly features like the clip-in joysticks and solderless audio. I don't know for sure, it's just what I gathered from the videos. As for the head phone jack, sorry, that's something google or lurking at other sources is going to help you with. The U-Amp wants a left, right, and a ground connection so that's a start. Google gave me this. Practice your Google-Fu. It's basically required for this kind of DIY project. https://www.explainthatstuff.com/howtorepairheadphones.html

Kaos03

Okay so G-Boy uses brand new custom variations of those custom PCBs exclusive to the G-Boy kit. They look like they function the exact same except with beginner friendly features like the clip-in joysticks and solderless audio. I don't know for sure, it's just what I gathered from the videos. As for the head phone jack, sorry, that's something google or lurking at other sources is going to help you with. The U-Amp wants a left, right, and a ground connection so that's a start. Google gave me this. Practice your Google-Fu. It's basically required for this kind of DIY project. https://www.explainthatstuff.com/howtorepairheadphones.html
Thanks you and I’m assuming that the sd card adapter shown plugged into usb c pcb is like a memory card

Gabobo

Don't worry, once the parts come in for you, it'll all be labelled and most of it will be either common sense or in the guide. USB-C board connects a USB to read data and play games. The SD card is for the recommended Kingston USB to MicroSD adapter that is plugged in the USB-C board. If you don't intend to use that then what you'll need is a small-sized USB flash drive to store all the data and games. I suggest reading through some worklogs and try to prevent any mistakes that others make. I've made many mistakes and tried to make them public so people stumbling here for the first time can avoid them. At this point, might as well sit back and wait for things to come in before you dive into it. Read every possible guide like 9 times and make sure you know what wire goes where. Also tape up the CPU and GPU before you sand. That's it. Peace out.

Kaos03

Don't worry, once the parts come in for you, it'll all be labelled and most of it will be either common sense or in the guide. USB-C board connects a USB to read data and play games. The SD card is for the recommended Kingston USB to MicroSD adapter that is plugged in the USB-C board. If you don't intend to use that then what you'll need is a small-sized USB flash drive to store all the data and games. I suggest reading through some worklogs and try to prevent any mistakes that others make. I've made many mistakes and tried to make them public so people stumbling here for the first time can avoid them. At this point, might as well sit back and wait for things to come in before you dive into it. Read every possible guide like 9 times and make sure you know what wire goes where. Also tape up the CPU and GPU before you sand. That's it. Peace out.
So I plug the usb into the board so I can load games onto it using a usb c cable

Gabobo

Yes. The USB also holds PortablizeMii data. PortablizeMii does not run without that.

Gabobo

It's whatever you want to use for storage. If you used the same USB to install PortablizeMii, that's cool too. If you plug another USB in, PortablizeMii will ask to make new data on that USB. Basically whatever you plug in will be it's storage for everything. Pics are appreciated. I see your interested in 6-layed boards. All your questions can be answered here for 6 layered boards. 6-layered boards are the older models that use way more power and heat up waaaaaaay faster. 4 hour battery ends up being like 2 hours or so I heard. Please read through this Trimming guide as well and click the links that takes you to the pages. It has the guide to installing PortablizeMii if you're having trouble with that.

Kaos03

Do you have any links for 4 layer boards I can buy and how many hours of battery are in 4 batteries

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Do you have any links for 4 layer boards I can buy and how many hours of battery are in 4 batteries
I don't want to come across as rude but you're asking questions that you should be reading up about on the forums. There are plenty of guides available that will answer these questions for you. In the context of Wii portables, if you are using 4 cells you'll most likely connect them in a 1s4p configuration. This results in a 3.7V battery pack with a mAh rating (assuming you are using 3600mAh cells) of 3.6A x 4 = 14.4A. Multiplying this by the voltage you'll get the watt hour rating which is approx 53.3Wh. You then divide by the total current draw of the Wii, screen, amplifier etc which is usually around 12 watts approx in total, which means you'll get about 4.5 hours roughly with 4 cells.

Kaos03

I don't want to come across as rude but you're asking questions that you should be reading up about on the forums. There are plenty of guides available that will answer these questions for you. In the context of Wii portables, if you are using 4 cells you'll most likely connect them in a 1s4p configuration. This results in a 3.7V battery pack with a mAh rating (assuming you are using 3600mAh cells) of 3.6A x 4 = 14.4A. Multiplying this by the voltage you'll get the watt hour rating which is approx 53.3Wh. You then divide by the total current draw of the Wii, screen, amplifier etc which is usually around 12 watts approx in total, which means you'll get about 4.5 hours roughly with 4 cells.
thank you all
Edit: I’m sorry StonedEdge I just wanted a quick answer and since most of this information is new to me I like to learn with pictures, I will try to look at most guides from now on, everyone on here has been so helpful and I truly thank you all

when is the new version of portablizemii set to release

[MOD EDIT - MERGED]

Kaos03

understood

Just to be absolutely Sure do the rvk motherboards that don’t have GameCube ports still work exactly the same as all of the other ones

MERGED - Stop double posting, last warning.

Portables
Just to be absolutely Sure do the rvk motherboards that don’t have GameCube ports still work exactly the same as all of the other ones
Use the edit button! You’ve already made this mistake multiple times.
To answer your question; yes. They don’t have the gamecube ports soldered on, but the Wii still retains the ability to play gc games in homebrew. Just wire up a gamecube controller to the pinout of the gamecube port, and it should be fine.

Kaos03

Use the edit button! You’ve already made this mistake multiple times.
To answer your question; yes. They don’t have the gamecube ports soldered on, but the Wii still retains the ability to play gc games in homebrew. Just wire up a gamecube controller to the pinout of the gamecube port, and it should be fine.
Those were 2 different posts they just happened to be one after another but your right I will absolutely stop doing that. I thank everyone who posted here for the help I probably will drop this thread because I am pretty sure I have all of the information I need. Once again TheGuy504 I apologize I will refrain from doing that again thanks for the response bye

Last Edit: do you just put iso files onto the internal usb or is there something else you need to do for games nevermind I found the answer

Last edited: