Question I’m kinda new to this

Kaos03

I’m pretty new to Modding and I was wondering if there were any soldering guides for Wii portables

Gabobo

I don't know the exact ones that'll work so look around other people's finished worklogs and check out their BOM (bill of materials) but some key store names you can look through are Amazon, ebay, Digikey, MABDelectronics. Hope you find it.

Kaos03

I don't know the exact ones that'll work so look around other people's finished worklogs and check out their BOM (bill of materials) but some key store names you can look through are Amazon, ebay, Digikey, MABDelectronics. Hope you find it.
I found one Replacement Headphone Jack Plug Port For XBOX ONE Controller 3.5mm Headset Connector Port Socket For XBOX ONE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076NHXVJR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LoGTEb7YK8E48

That headphone jack is the only one I could find

Nevermind https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OGLCR3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OQITEbTFPQMJ1

-Merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
We have an edit button. Please don't double/triple post like that

You can rewire the av port to the wii, you just have to use 4 wires composite video, ground and l/r audio

I used the original cables to troubleshoot the motherboard all the way through until I was ready to attach a screen and batteries.
If you dont have them you can use alternative cords like ordinary rca cables and any ac adapter that's around 7.4v-12v

Kaos03

I used the original cables to troubleshoot the motherboard all the way through until I was ready to attach a screen and batteries.
If you dont have them you can use alternative cords like ordinary rca cables and any ac adapter that's around 7.4v-12v
Can you provide any pictures of where to solder
the, av, and ground please because I can’t any documentation of the Wii motherboard

Kaos03

What gauges of wires are used for the Wii
Also I need an admin to message me about an order I placed for a cooling kit i haven’t even been told if it’s shipped yet

Last edited:
I use a few wire sizes:
22awg for power
28awg for smaller power lines like the controller power (you'll probably be fine without this size to be honest)
34awg for data connections you can use it to solder to the ave chip and even the bluetooth module if desired, but 38awg might be easier to use for those.
You'll get an email about your orders, but I've been told a few people run the store.

Kaos03

I use a few wire sizes:
22awg for power
28awg for smaller power lines like the controller power (you'll probably be fine without this size to be honest)
34awg for data connections you can use it to solder to the ave chip and even the bluetooth module if desired, but 38awg might be easier to use for those.
You'll get an email about your orders, but I've been told a few people run the store.
thank you
what gauges are used for ground

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
thank you
what gauges are used for ground
The same gauge you use for the positive connection of whatever you're grounding. 22awg in, 22awg out. 34awg in, 34awg out.

Kaos03

Are there guides that show what points to solder to and from like from the gc+ pms screen driver board and the other pcbs to the Wii mother Board
Edit: what’s a wiikey fusion and do I need one

Last edited: