Question How will the Nintendo leak affect things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who haven't heard, there was a recent leak of some Nintendo stuff that apparently includes everything from N64 tech demos to the very source code of the Wii itself. If you search "Nintendo Leak," you'll be bombarded with news stories about it. Reportedly, the ~3GB of info that was leaked may be just the start of a 2 TERABYTE leak! My question is, Will this affect portablizing, most likely on the software side of things? Might it open up new avenues in things like Hiidra, allowing for even more pizza wizardry? I ask this as an real question. I am honestly curious how some of you think this might change things for us.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
My question is, Will this affect portablizing, most likely on the software side of things? Might it open up new avenues in things like Hiidra, allowing for even more pizza wizardry? I ask this as an real question. I am honestly curious how some of you think this might change things for us.
Nope, we can't use any of the info in the leak for any hardware or software advances.

Hardware-wise, we've already trimmed as small as possible, so there isn't any possible progress to make there.

Software-wise, there are a couple things. First, we already know all the information we need for projects like Hiidra, as they have been slowly documented over the years with reverse engineering. Second, and more importantly, basing our projects off of Ninty's proprietary code/intellectual property is super illegal, and could easily get the site shut down, along with getting us sued into oblivion. The way we have done things, based on reverse engineering, is the only legal way to go about it.

I'm locking this thread as well, as we would like to avoid having any potential issues with Ninty from something someone posts, and I will link to this and delete any future posts about the leak. Please understand, we generally like conversation about things Ninty related, but this is a really touchy subject and we'd like to stay as far away from lawyers as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.