Solved How to test LDO?

Gi0V1Z

Hi everyone, I’ve recently fried my PMSv1, so I ordered a PMS-lite, but I noticed the LDO is now required.
I was very lucky to find my LDO with other trash components, it’s not in perfect condition so I would like to test it somehow.
Do you know how to test it with a multimeter?

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thank you for the answer, what voltage should I put in Vin?
3.3v, but you'll first need the two RSET resistors to configure the output to 1.8v. Without the correct resistors, it'll output the wrong voltage and will probably fry your 1.8v line

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If that's the datasheet for the LDO the Wii uses, then yeah it's probably right. Although I would first check the resistor values in Shank's Wii Super Thread's resistor section. Nintendo might use tweaked values

Gi0V1Z

Unfortunately that‘s not the datasheet for the LDO the Wii uses.
I took a look at the resistor values in Shank's Wii Super Thread's resistor section, and I saw like R1 = 1.125kOhm, but where can I find a diagram to see where this R1 is measured?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Unfortunately that‘s not the datasheet for the LDO the Wii uses.
I took a look at the resistor values in Shank's Wii Super Thread's resistor section, and I saw like R1 = 1.125kOhm, but where can I find a diagram to see where this R1 is measured?
On the Wii itself. Every component is numbered on the white silkscreen. Check the spots for the resistors below the LDO's footprint, then check the component numbers against the table

Gi0V1Z

I found the right datasheet of LDO the Wii uses:
90D2AEA1-3CD0-429E-8F5C-40F119ABD09A.jpeg

Solving a simple equation:
0D5D0686-C928-4CC6-BCD9-739C60678C03.jpeg

I need to test the R1 between pins 3 and 4, R2 between pins 4 and GRN on the Wii motherboard.
So R1/R2 should be around 0.44

Last edited:

Gi0V1Z

On the Wii itself. Every component is numbered on the white silkscreen. Check the spots for the resistors below the LDO's footprint, then check the component numbers against the table
Thank you I didn’t notice that

Last edited: