Solved How to power a separate LED light once the N64 system turns on?

On my N64 Portable model there is a small hole designated for a Power-On light. Does anyone know how I can connect a small LED light:

to the N64 system to have it turn on when the system turns on as well?

Similar to how the system's red LED light turns on at the same time as the system.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
On my N64 Portable model there is a small hole designated for a Power-On light. Does anyone know how I can connect a small LED light:

to the N64 system to have it turn on when the system turns on as well?

Similar to how the system's red LED light turns on at the same time as the system.
You'll need a series resistor to limit the current flowing through the LED, which you can calculate with the below calculator:

Then you just hook up the LED like the below image, in between the power source (i.e the 3v3 rail of the N64) and GND/resistor. It doesn't matter if the resistor is before the diode or after it, as the current flowing through a series circuit doesn't change, only the voltage.

Hope this helps!

1629184661751.png

The trimming guide for n64s have plenty of spots pointed out where you can connect the led for 3.3v. This is an example as to where 3.3v can be taken from. Using the diagram above the V+ would be the red in the picture and V- would be anywhere there is a GND point.

As for the resistor you can use whatever resistor type you like, as long as the resistance value is close to what you calculate using StonedEdges link.

Attachments