How to play FC SFC MD GB GBC GBA PCE N64 PS1 roms without mxchip

Dc3d

Hi guys,

Sorry for all of my questions,but I'm finding it tricky to find the information I'm after..

I purchased a g-boy a while ago ( it's been a bit if a struggle, I have only recently found out what software is on it etc) , but I lost the SD card that came with it , so I've had to find out a lot of stuff by searching Google and asking questions on this forum.

I seem to have got most things working, although I still have some issues mapping the controller correctly, but I was wondering if it's still possible for me to play
FC SFC MD GB GBC GBA PCE N64 PS1 games even if I do not have the mxchip? ( I checked and I do not have the mxchip ) so I'm unsure if I am able to run any VC games or apps

If it is possible, how do i do this?

What files /apps to I need ?

Please can you help.

Thanks again for your time .

Dc3d

Download retroarch for Wii and that should cover most of that list. PS1 emulation is terrible on Wii so I wouldn't bother with that.
Thank you so much, I'll give it ago today !

I really appreciate the help !

buzzyc

I can confirm I have the same experience on my G-Wii
This simply may be a limitation of BBLoader at this time.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The MX chip contains font data used in Gamecube games and N64/NES VC titles. Nintendont has been patched to remove the MX chip requirement for GC games, but the VC titles still require it. It's possible that Retroarch calls that font data on the MX chip, and if the call fails, Retroarch fails to boot. I'd try some other emulators to see if any older ones work, but it may just not be doable at this time.

Dc3d

I can confirm I have the same experience on my G-Wii
This simply may be a limitation of BBLoader at this time.
Ive managed to get retro arch loading and working, but I have yet to get any games working.

I had to boot into the bootmii menu and load it in the home brew channel ( which is upside down ) but retro arch works this way, but not I have an issue where I cannot seem to get I to the retroarch settings to change my core, what happens now , is that when I try to load retro arch is seems to only load up the first core I tried. I need to know what key combi to use to go I to the settings . Or delete that core it's looking for .