Question How to get those perfect looking button cutouts (w/out 3d printer)

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
I am working on my GameCube Portable (go away haters lol) and I'm debating either or not to cut out fresh holes for the buttons or frankencase parts of the controller housing.

I've seen projects where people took a zn housing or something else and cut the buttons holes out and the looked perfect! The circular buttons are easy, I use a step drill bit for that, but I wanted to have the octagonal shaped hole for the joysticks. What's the best method for doing that if you don't have a 3d printer?

Portables
How much do those usually cost? I just did a quick Google search and saw a bunch for $8-9000 o_O is that standard?

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
uh, I know good ones cost alot, best thing to do is usually have it done somewhere, like a maker place or somewhere.

Portables
uh, I know good ones cost alot, best thing to do is usually have it done somewhere, like a maker place or somewhere.
Gotcha. Soooo, what's the second best and cleanest looking method, in case I can't find one of these? Or is it better to just use the controller housing for the buttons if you can't laster cut it?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
If you don't have access to a 3D printer or some sort of CNC controlled cutting tool (Mill, router, laser, etc) then you can either frankencase it or do it by hand. Gman has a tutorial on manually cutting out holes for your case (without high end fabrication tools) here and here.

Portables
If you don't have access to a 3D printer or some sort of CNC controlled cutting tool (Mill, router, laser, etc) then you can either frankencase it or do it by hand. Gman has a tutorial on manually cutting out holes for your case (without high end fabrication tools) here and here.
Great thanks, I'll check those out. I out to call my portable the poor man's portable lol no fancy tools