Solved how to connect wiimote in RV-loader?

Hi friends
after 2 years i finally started to make my own wiiboy after watching that much inspirational videos of members in youtube .
my wii that i'm trying to trim is one of the best wiis regarding power to consumption its c/rvk-cpu-01 unfortunately it lacks gamecube ports after softmodding it i installed RV-loader i got from Aurelio92's github the latest release v1.4 ,but since enabling vga means no picture on ypbpr i decided to first install it without vga then i'll come back at it again and enable vga mode as well(after vga mod does it give composite?) so i successfully installed it but after booting into RV-loader no wiimote works , since mine hasn't gamecube port i couldn't directly plug in my gamecube gamepad to it so i picked up a trashy gamecube gamepad and stripped the wires down then using the guide for trimming the wii i found the pins and places that i need to tap in in order to connect GC gamepad as port one but it didn't work for only once it did a crazy thing and was struggling to select in circular menu which i had no control of , but after that it just doesn't give a damn to GC gamepad , my question is is it possible to use wiimote in RV-loader? and if so how? since i have a wiimote that turns on the system but it doesn't function on RV-loader menu no matter how hard i press the buttons.i suspect i should add nonchock or something but since i used classic controller as an extension to wiimote and it didn't work i am not motivated to try that out since i don't know where is it ,any help would be appreciated ! thanks

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
My dude....... punctuation........ please use it. My eyes have cancer now.

To answer your question tho, if the wiimotes are not syncing, hold reset while booting the Wii to open priiloader. From there you can get into the system menu and sync your Wiimotes. After doing that, RVLoader should recognise them. Note that the radial menu for flipping between software pages requires a nunchuck or classic controller to use. Without some kind of joystick available, you'll be stuck on the default page. Nvm I'm the stupid

If you install the VGA patch, composite will still work as long as the mode pin isn't shorted to 3.3v. Shorting mode to 3.3v enables VGA output and disables composite for that boot cycle.

As for your GC controller issues, we'll need clear photos of your wiring to be of any use there.

Last edited:
Portables
Note that the radial menu for flipping between software pages requires a nunchuck or classic controller to use. Without some kind of joystick available, you'll be stuck on the default page.
Just to point out pressing and holding B on the Wiimote then pressing the dpad will allow you to use the radial menu without a nunchuk or classic controller

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Just to point out pressing and holding B on the Wiimote then pressing the dpad will allow you to use the radial menu without a nunchuk or classic controller
I have learned a thing!

My dude....... punctuation........ please use it. My eyes have cancer now.

To answer your question tho, if the wiimotes are not syncing, hold reset while booting the Wii to open priiloader. From there you can get into the system menu and sync your Wiimotes. After doing that, RVLoader should recognise them. Note that the radial menu for flipping between software pages requires a nunchuck or classic controller to use. Without some kind of joystick available, you'll be stuck on the default page. Nvm I'm the stupid

If you install the VGA patch, composite will still work as long as the mode pin isn't shorted to 3.3v. Shorting mode to 3.3v enables VGA output and disables composite for that boot cycle.

As for your GC controller issues, we'll need clear photos of your wiring to be of any use there.
haha ! sorry for not using punctuation in my text , thanks for your response it works now,

about GC controller, it doesn't matter for now! until i get GC board i'll check that later.

but about shorting mode pins (8 &10) for enabling VGA , as far as i know if we short it on stock wii, we should get YPbPr only, but when ever i short them i don't get picture! funny thing is if i desolder them, then turn on the wii with component/RGBs cable attached, it only recognises the RGBs and greys out the ED,HD tv for enabling 480p,the thing is the cable is homemade but it has high quality copper wires in it , i have no idea if it should have specific properties for being used as component cable, i have tested on 3 different wiis and didn't get any picture while component mode was enabled ,so my guess is the cable is not suitable but it worth mentioning since you guys have more experience than i do

thanks i did it ,it works as you said without a nunchuck

haha ! sorry for not using punctuation in my text , thanks for your response it works now,

about GC controller, it doesn't matter for now! until i get GC board i'll check that later.

but about shorting mode pins (8 &10) for enabling VGA , as far as i know if we short it on stock wii, we should get YPbPr only, but when ever i short them i don't get picture! funny thing is if i desolder them, then turn on the wii with component/RGBs cable attached, it only recognises the RGBs and greys out the ED,HD tv for enabling 480p,the thing is the cable is homemade but it has high quality copper wires in it , i have no idea if it should have specific properties for being used as component cable, i have tested on 3 different wiis and didn't get any picture while component mode was enabled ,so my guess is the cable is not suitable but it worth mentioning since you guys have more experience than i do
actually never mind , i found out the Y is where i connected R and Pb is G and Pr is B ,so i thought they were using RGB in order of PrYPb like any other companies !