Solved How heavy is your GCP?

May seem like an odd and useless question. After assembling mine today that composes of a screen with its own controller board, the gc controller, half of the case, the wasp, and an untrimmed motherboard with its own complete heatsink, i kind of think mine is really heavy. Heavy enough that i consider it 'bulky that you can't play it on the move' unless you're stationary. And mind you, this is without the battery pack yet. So i am kind of worried of the final build.

Brings back to my original question fam, how heavy is yours? :?:

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Mines pretty dang heavy, but mine is huge and bulky. I could play it on the move if it were just heavy, but it's also fragile and uses the disc drive. So it's a portable that's not very portable :P

But yes mine is pretty heavy. I play it landscape with it resting on my legs though so it's not too noticeable while playing. If I were to hold it up to play, I'd get super buff lol

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Brings back to my original question fam, how heavy is yours? :?:
My unfinished one was pretty heavy as well, trimming the motherboard and getting a thinner heatsink (eg one with a fan in it) will help with the weight, but it will still be pretty hefty, since it wasn't designed with handheld console in mind :P

Bakuku

Portables
My latest build was around 850grams with batteries, wasp and trimmed motherboard. Just shy of a kilo.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Mine is 1.6kg. I used big everything.

Lmfao. Thanks for the crazy input fam. :D:D:D Definitely this was the part i'd overlooked during my build. May end up something of 1.5-2.0 kg after.

That's way to much man! Thinkuh smahru, rike a Japanesuh peniseru.
It won't be small if you used TMI :XD::XD::XD: