Solved How do I load Gamecube Games from an SD card?

Portables
okay so I've been researching how to load Gamecube games from an SD card onto a Gamecube so I can get rid of the bulky DVD drive, but wiikey fusions, wasp fusions, and wode jukeboxes are no longer being sold! Also I bought a Xeno GC Mod Chip, but turns out you still need the DVD drive with a special disk to play games from an sad card.

I'm open to any ideas you have :)

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Depending on how far you've gotten, I may suggest looking into Wii portables, since they can play gamecube games and many others. If you've already bought parts, then you may be able to get a wasp from someone on here.

Portables
Depending on how far you've gotten, I may suggest looking into Wii portables, since they can play gamecube games and many others. If you've already bought parts, then you may be able to get a wasp from someone on here.
I already bought everything I need except a mod chip :( is there anywhere I could buy a wode / wiikey / wasp mod chip?

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I already bought everything I need except a mod chip :( is there anywhere I could buy a wode / wiikey / wasp mod chip?
Not unless you want to buy 300 of them at once :P Like you said, they're no longer in production. That's why I mentioned on your other thread that wiis not needing a modchip is a bonus. Your best bet is to post in the WTB section here in case anybody has one they're willing to sell you, and in the meantime keep an eye on ebay.

EDIT: Xeno GCs are only to let you play copies of games burned to mini dvds

Portables
Not unless you want to buy 300 of them at once :P Like you said, they're no longer in production. That's why I mentioned on your other thread that wiis not needing a modchip is a bonus. Your best bet is to post in the WTB section here in case anybody has one they're willing to sell you, and in the meantime keep an eye on ebay.

Okay thanks. I'll keep my eye out.

Bakuku

Portables

They don't even do that anymore!
I checked with them 2 days ago and asked for a 300pc order. They declined.
I think the page has been removed from the site as well.

Okay thanks. I'll keep my eye out.
You could use a Wode if you really wanted to. They are easier to find if you buy a Wii with one attached.
Do keep in mind they are bulkier and require some extra attention if you want them to Swiss Auto Boot.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
You can get a modified gamecube that has full compatibility and all the hardware to load games through USB or SD for like $20. Heres a link with more info

Portables
Do you know of any good tutorials for how to make a portable wii? I'm thinking of making one now

Portables

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
That seems like a pretty helpful guide, but it doesn't specifically tell me where to solder the wires, and I think I would like to have a built in classic controller in my case. Are there any more in depth tutorials you know of or one that tells how to wire up a controller? I couldn't find any :/
Read through the guides section. A classic controller must be plugged into a wii remote which overcomplicates things tremendously. If you build a gamecube controller into it, it can be used as a classic controller. If you wanted, you could even use the buttons etc from a classic controller but hook them up to a gamecube brain. The trimming guide does tell you specifically where all the wires should go in the pictures, and is as in-depth as you can possibly get without using a single specific design. :)

Portables
Read through the guides section. A classic controller must be plugged into a wii remote which overcomplicates things tremendously. If you build a gamecube controller into it, it can be used as a classic controller. If you wanted, you could even use the buttons etc from a classic controller but hook them up to a gamecube brain. The trimming guide does tell you specifically where all the wires should go in the pictures, and is as in-depth as you can possibly get without using a single specific design. :)
Okay I'll probably use a GC controller then. I'll take another look at the tutorial too

Last edited: