Question How can I remove stuck screws?

Basically that, Im taking apart a gameboy for the first time and there are 4 infernal screws there. They are evil! Even more evil than The Four Dark Devas Of Destruction! One of them is not + anymore, its O, yep. I cant get them out. Any ideas?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Basically that, Im taking apart a gameboy for the first time and there are 4 infernal screws there. They are evil! Even more evil than The Four Dark Devas Of Destruction! One of them is not + anymore, its O, yep. I cant get them out. Any ideas?
I've had success using a dremel and cutting a flat head slot into the stripped screw. Also you can use a drill gun and drill off the screw head although that is more of a demolition and kind of risky.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I've also had to drill a head off of a screw and it works, but then you're down a screw. If the screw isn't recessed, you can also use pliers to turn it from the side.

Thanks for your replies, but I got them out. Just went the old way, ask my dad for help. He can lift up goddamn 150 kilos, he is strong as hell, he was able to take them out. Now I have a naked gameboy ready to be cleaned

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Seen this question posted around here before and I've seen this screw extractor advertised on TV. Posting here in case someone wants to pick one up and test it.