Ho-ho-holy-discount-batman! GC+ on SALE!

Noah

retired
Portables

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Hi, I'm new to the whole modding thing, and just had a few quick questions about the product.
It looks like I need a wii to set it up, but I'm trying to build a GC portable. I have a Homebrewed Wii. I can still use it with the GC after setting it up on the Wii, right?
Is there any reason to NOT buy it with the resistors installed?
And can I reconnect the original GameCube buttons/ joysticks to the board?

I know you guys recommend doing a Wii portable, but I unfortunately stumbled across this forum after I asked for various GameCube things.

Thanks!

Noah

retired
Portables
It looks like I need a wii to set it up, but I'm trying to build a GC portable
Nope, it's literally a controller. Just plug in and go. Not setup required. The homebrew app is for configuring deadzones and updating the firmware. The DOL might even work on GameCube, I am not sure. @Aurelio would be able to answer that question.

Not that I know of. They are used for the dual-tact mod which nearly everyone puts in GC/Wii portables so unless you plan on single tact then no, get them pre-soldered.

And can I reconnect the original GameCube buttons/ joysticks to the board?
Yes.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
Nope, it's literally a controller. Just plug in and go. Not setup required. The homebrew app is for configuring deadzones and updating the firmware. The DOL might even work on GameCube, I am not sure. @Aurelio would be able to answer that question.

Not that I know of. They are used for the dual-tact mod which nearly everyone puts in GC/Wii portables so unless you plan on single tact then no, get them pre-soldered.

Yes.
Thanks for the answers!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
It looks like I need a wii to set it up, but I'm trying to build a GC portable
The configuration homebrew is available also for the Gamecube, but you need to have the possibility to run homebrews (if you are using a WASP Fusion you are fine). Anyway as Noah told you the configuration homebrew is something not strictly needed (although you should use it so that you can update GC+ firmware).

Those resistors are needed for the dual-tact mod. Unless you are going to use the stock sliders for L and R then you will need them. Anyway if you don't get them presoldered they will come in the package along with the GC+ so you can always solder them later if you aren't sure right now (they are 0805 SMD resistors, not too hard to solder)

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
Hey, I went to go buy one, but the whole store appears to be down. Both the home store screen and the GC+ screen give me the same error about something being down on line 17.

I'll check back later.
Thanks for your answers.

Noah

retired
Portables
Hey, I went to go buy one, but the whole store appears to be down. Both the home store screen and the GC+ screen give me the same error about something being down on line 17.

I'll check back later.
Thanks for your answers.
The store is currently offline while I perform some maintenance. It'll be back online when we do the gift card giveaway.