Hidden menu on ZJ050NA-08C screen/driver board -- RGB Gain Control

Hey y'all,
I just discovered something helpful about the ZJ050NA-08C 5 inch screens/driver board we use these days... I always wondered how to access the RGB levels and it was no where to be found in the menus. Chalked it up to poor design choices.

Well, I just turned my g-wii on while it was balancing on the bottom edge where the screen controls are and noticed a little green F in a blue box...
image1.jpeg

"Weird", I thought. Pressed menu and bam, discovery of RGB adjustment and something called VCOMDC and VCOMAC which I think is some sort of PMW output or something. I couldn't figure out exactly what it was... But the way you get to these settings is to hold the MENU button as you power on the device/screen.

image0.jpeg

I do wish this board did H and V scaling ... but this is definitely better than nothing. :)

Once you power cycle again it will be regular menu behavior.

Cheers!

Hmm interesting? Glad to know you share this I’m thinking on starting the louii or gwii? Hope you have fun with your portable

------- DOUBLE POST MERGED -------

Nice choice of snes games too definitely need to play earthbound

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm interesting? Glad to know you share this I’m thinking on starting the louii or gwii? Hope you have fun with your portable

------- DOUBLE POST MERGED -------

Nice choice of snes games too definitely need to play earthbound
Ive definitely been having tons of fun with my portable.

Mentioning SNES games is worth considering the differences between GWii and Louii. Gwii is definitely more geared towards gamecube games as it has the gamecube button layout. Louii is abit smaller and has the traditional diamond layout which would be better for SNES games. Not sure what your favorite console is but I never play my snes games on the gwii anymore... I use the gboy for that because the layout...

Louii has the 4 button dpad though... so if youre a retro gamer and love dpad you might want to modify the cad files to use a real dpad. :)

CHEERS!