Question HELP

So i recently got a ps2 slim of off ebay broken which i have a portablizing idea for. It didn't read discs it turned out that i just need to clean the laser and soon after it work reading discs. Also it was froze on the home screen which i fixed by replacing the watch battery. when i was resembling the working ps2 i broke off the the little switch on the top of the power button which tells the console if the lid to the dvd drive is closed or not. So i got a new power button off ebay and nothing happened when plugged in to the external power brick. I went through the board with a multimeter checking all the power fuses and they all checked out ok. So i did the most stupid thing and opened the power brick. After having a capacitor blow up in face while i was checking with the multimeter, i decided it was time to get a new power brick. Today the new power brick came and i plugged it in the new one to the ps2 slim motherboard and no power. I also check the dc connector and re flowed the solder at the bottom of the dc connector in hopes that it was just could solder joints, but that was not the case.
Any insight or help would be greatly helpful!!
THANK'S

A little more info if you could, firstly what model of PS2 slim are we dealing with here?

Also some photos of the damaged areas

Hopefully it's just something simple and we can get it running again

You don't need a new power button, you can solder an "on/off" power switch to the reset point labelled in the Definitive Trimming Guide. Hopefully that helps.