Help with PAM8803 Audio amp

I just bought this on eBay and I don't get what I'm doing wrong my Wii isn't broken because it worked on my tv I'm getting five volts and the speakers worked on another amp and they are DS speakers could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here are some pics of my wiring

IMG_2858.JPG

Portables
3/4
One thing I see is missing a ground wire in between the "INL" & "INR"... that might be the problem. I think that is the internal ground for the speaker input.

I have 5 of the same audio amp from Amazon for my projects along with the specs sheet but haven't wired the up yet. Looking at the spec sheet I don't see a "SDN" anywhere on it. There is a "SHDN" that has a description of "Shutdown Control Input(active low), pull-down".

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
One thing I see is missing a ground wire in between the "INL" & "INR"... that might be the problem. I think that is the internal ground for the speaker input.

I have 5 of the same audio amp from Amazon for my projects along with the specs sheet but haven't wired the up yet. Looking at the spec sheet I don't see a "SDN" anywhere on it. There is a "SHDN" that has a description of "Shutdown Control Input(active low), pull-down".
All the grounds are connected on the pcb. The issue is SDN not shorted high.

Portables
3/4
Ahhh, gottcha. I just happened to notice that and didn't know if it would help or make a difference.

Since I will be using the same board for audio here soon so I'm learning along the way too. :)

@GarageFactory , definitely interested to see how this works out for you... :)

Last edited: