Question Help with making a adapter for GBA

I’m not super familiar with the SNES or gba stuff necessarily, but judging from the article you linked it looks pretty straight forward. Under the images it says which pins to connect together from each connector. The gba image is numbered and the SNES one should be pin 1 on the left and going up from there.

Doing a simple search for SNES controller pinout (or GBA link pinout) brings up lots of images and links that could help you find better details in what each pin fully does.

Alvaro

Portables
I’m not super familiar with the SNES or gba stuff necessarily, but judging from the article you linked it looks pretty straight forward. Under the images it says which pins to connect together from each connector. The gba image is numbered and the SNES one should be pin 1 on the left and going up from there.

Doing a simple search for SNES controller pinout (or GBA link pinout) brings up lots of images and links that could help you find better details in what each pin fully does.
But my question is how do I find out what each wire is without breaking open the link cable because I'm not sure how to find what each wire is.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Like he said, there are pinouts on the internet. You will need to do some research. You might be able to use a multimeter to test for continuity to determine what goes where, but internet pinouts are your best option.

Alvaro

Portables
Like he said, there are pinouts on the internet. You will need to do some research. You might be able to use a multimeter to test for continuity to determine what goes where, but internet pinouts are your best option.
I'll try my best

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
For the first half of your plan, you may want to take a look at the code cheese came up with to help with my current project. It uses an Arduino to read the output data from a SNES controller and break it out into individual button presses. In my project, I'm going to feed the button data directly to my project, but it sounds like you would want to convert it to controller data that a GBA would understand.

There may be a much easier way of doing what you want, but since cheese went out of his way to come up with this code (and offer it open source) I thought I'd share.