Question Help: 3rd-Party Controller R/L Trigger

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Hi,

I've digged out an old GCp project and nearly completed it... but I can't get the R/L-Triggers to work..

Here is what I got.. the red traces ares the traces, connected to the trigger-pot... the yellow outline is where the pot would normaly sit, so the lower and upper two pins, are common ground / pot-case...

flipping-gc-trigger.jpg

But both traces connected to the pot, are also connected to the analog stick?!?.. How should it work?!.. the traces on the right side look a little different, but there it also doesn't work.. I tried zenlocs method with an BC547 - no success... also a other verson of this schematic... I even connected a potentiomenter to the two pins L1/L2 and it didn't do nothing...

I'm now thinking about removing R29 - but it has to work in this way... I just don't get it...

I hope you guys can save me, from building a whole new case... Thanks a lot!

//Edit1: Removed R29 = Analogstick stopps working.. Everything I try on L1/L2 just results in a change of the analogstick/c-stick value -.-''

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
//Edit1: Removed R29 = Analogstick stopps working.. Everything I try on L1/L2 just results in a change of the analogstick/c-stick value -.-''
I think that's because you messed with the voltage in to the joystick pots.

Nold

Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Sure.. but somehow it has to work... even if its in parallel with the joystick :(

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Can you post pictures of both sides of the board?

Nold

Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
This are some real old pics from before cutting it, these are the best i could find:
20120329_193618.jpg
20120330_180422.jpg

//Edit: The PCB is single sided

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I'm gonna guess that's a common voltage and ground to put on either end of the potentiometer and then they measure the voltage out of the slider to see how far it is pressed. Also can you upload the original from before doodling on it?

Nold

Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Also can you upload the original from before doodling on it?
This project is 5 years old by now.. So I guess these are the best pics. But I'll have a look if I'm back at home this weekend.