Helo

Portables
OG boy
I am back after being offline for ages (not that any of you care). Two things:
1 this forum is incredibly similar to that of linus tech tips. Ever noticed that?

2 portable wii u?? Kinda like a ds????

A Portable Wii U would probably not be a good Idea since the components are too far apart on the PCB and saving space by trimming wouldn't be that much of a thing, unless you want an extremely unpractical and huge "portable" you shouldn't try making a portable Wii U.

Portables
OG boy
A Portable Wii U would probably not be a good Idea since the components are too far apart on the PCB and saving space by trimming wouldn't be that much of a thing, unless you want an extremely unpractical and huge "portable" you shouldn't try making a portable Wii U.
Alr ty

Portables
No portables (Yet)
let me preface by saying I’m not very knowledgeable in this area, but could you not just relocate Wii U components to a custom made board, or would that be WAY too much of a hassle and would take a ton of trial and error.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
let me preface by saying I’m not very knowledgeable in this area, but could you not just relocate Wii U components to a custom made board, or would that be WAY too much of a hassle and would take a ton of trial and error.
The latter. It could be done, but you'd be 100% on your own and it would take many failed attempts and donor consoles before any success would be had. Not to mention the the extra hardware you'd need to reball and reflow the BGA chips without destroying everything

Portables
No portables (Yet)
That’s what I though, but wanted a pro to confirm it, I was just thinking of some hypothetical were some electronic genius would attempt to make one and how it could theoretically be done.