Question Helllllllllllp

So..this is my first botched attempt at powering my trim off two 26000 batteries. 7.4 volts, 2s, basically just taped together for testing purposes. I tested the screen with an untrimmed Wii on wall power. Screen works fine. It's composite but I'm content with it for my first portable. At this point I have no f clue what's going on and could use some help. I have all the regulators grounds wired together from the neg. Of the battery, then to the ground on the board . All are receiving the 7.4v from my batteries, the screen is also powered off said batteries, and is turning on but no video, and board isn't getting power...I think the problem lies with my regulators...all the voltage readings I was getting were .3 instead of 3volts, .1 instead of 1volt, etc...I followed the diagrams precisely, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

IMG_20180222_201214.jpg IMG_20180222_201204.jpg IMG_20180222_201214.jpg IMG_20180222_201204.jpg
IMG_20180222_201214.jpg
IMG_20180222_201204.jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
So..this is my first botched attempt at powering my trim off two 26000 batteries. 7.4 volts, 2s, basically just taped together for testing purposes. I tested the screen with an untrimmed Wii on wall power. Screen works fine. It's composite but I'm content with it for my first portable. At this point I have no f clue what's going on and could use some help. I have all the regulators grounds wired together from the neg. Of the battery, then to the ground on the board . All are receiving the 7.4v from my batteries, the screen is also powered off said batteries, and is turning on but no video, and board isn't getting power...I think the problem lies with my regulators...all the voltage readings I was getting were .3 instead of 3volts, .1 instead of 1volt, etc...I followed the diagrams precisely, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 5201 View attachment 5202 View attachment 5201 View attachment 5202 View attachment 5201 View attachment 5202
You're supplying 1v to the wrong end of the component, it's just dumping into ground as you have it now. See below:

Also, you can't tape wires to battery terminals and expect it to work. You need to solder the wires to the batteries, or get some slot in holders from ebay and use them.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
In addition to what Stitches said: (beat me to it, also good catch).

It is possible there could be a short with your wiring. The wires coming off your regulator have too much copper exposed (You only need ~2mm copper exposed to solder the wire), the resistor hanging off the regulator is another good way to short something. Also it looks like the wire coming off the U10 is much thicker than needed, I find it hard to believe you got that thick wire on the correct via without touching anything else.

Dude you guys are awesome, thanks so much for the quick replies. I feel like a complete donkey now realizing the 1v is on the wrong side :( but thanks for pointing that out. The tape i know is a rigged unorthodox method, I tested a few things out that way and it seemed to work that way, I'll def. Get the battery contacts though. The U-10 was a pita, but somehow I got it to work I relocated, installed PM, and it all booted fine, did the trim, now just trying to get the damn thing to turn on..lol I will redo the regulators, shorten the exposed wire, and leads on the capacitors, and resistors and hopefully that'll do it.