Worklog Hastune MIIKU

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
I am still working on the squiifer, these are two different projects, that one will have a 5", and intergrated wiimote and classic(with other features), this is something else

So Yesterday, I had the whole day to work on cad, dangerous thing, I know; Here's the features.

Estimated Size: 143.00 mm x 76.00 mm x 24.00 mm (Smaller than the piiwii which is 143.00 mm x 82.55 mm x 35mm), Still the same width, but smaller by thickness and height. [Might be second smallest wii Portable :D ]

Usb charging, Not Usb-c sadly, just regular micro usb charging most likely

Composite, and audio.

best name ever, because it's based of the best girl ever, Hatsune Miku, with a slight twist, Miiku ;D
It will most likely have a light blue front, with a white back.

Here are some pictures

upload_2019-2-1_7-54-42.png

(I know the 3ds sticks are off dw)
upload_2019-2-1_7-55-16.png

upload_2019-2-1_7-55-51.png

upload_2019-2-1_7-56-17.png

I had problems fitting in the lipo, so I tried putting in an 18650, I got it to fit, but then Ginger told me it's only gonna be about hour life, which isn't really worth it, since I don't even think this portable will have charge and play. so I tried getting my Lipo to fit, which eventually I did get to fit. A regular OMGWTF trim won't work, I have to make it a bit smaller (Thanks to Shank for showing me how much I could cut) I might have to change the thickness to 25mm, because the fan is right up against the Case, After I put in the Amp and what not I'll most likely decide

Only thing i need to put in now is speakers, amp, and battery management(I left room for, but I need to make sure they will go in fine)
upload_2019-2-1_7-59-49.png

Great work so far, especially for just one day of CAD! What lipo battery will you be using if you don't mind me asking?

Portables
Great work so far, especially for just one day of CAD! What lipo battery will you be using if you don't mind me asking?
One I ripped out of an old electronic, I think it still works, I've used it a couple times before.

The real question is are you gonna try and match her colors
Yeah, I'm gonna use Purple shoulder buttons, white back, Light blue front, and then a red 01 on the back

Portables
Small ish update, I'm reworking the Internals right now, I've integrated the GC+ into the ABXY button pcb, still working on it, but It's pretty much done, I think I'm going put the Audio amp on the Dpad, still working it out.
upload_2019-2-8_11-36-5.png

39.2mm by 39.2 mm
Like I said it's not done yet, but it's close rather close (if you have any suggestions let me know :3 )

Would anybody be interested in these? if you are let me know, and I'll use Jlcpcb for fabrication, and get 10 or 5 boards, if not I'll just use oshpark, and only get three. I'll probably release the gerbers and what not after I confirm it's working.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Small ish update, I'm reworking the Internals right now, I've integrated the GC+ into the ABXY button pcb, still working on it, but It's pretty much done, I think I'm going put the Audio amp on the Dpad, still working it out.
View attachment 8122

39.2mm by 39.2 mm
Like I said it's not done yet, but it's close rather close (if you have any suggestions let me know :3 )

Would anybody be interested in these? if you are let me know, and I'll use Jlcpcb for fabrication, and get 10 or 5 boards, if not I'll just use oshpark, and only get three. I'll probably release the gerbers and what not after I confirm it's working.
Kind of looks like you cut off GND from the rest of the board, make sure you have a via there
Untitled.jpg

Portables
Kind of looks like you cut off GND from the rest of the board, make sure you have a via there
View attachment 8123
Thanks, no error came up, but I'll be sure to put one there

Is there a reason you used the smaller package for the PIC? Looks like you have a lot of extra room.
well at first I wasn't sure how much room I was gonna have, so I just used the qfp package, it's the shortest, which gives me more room, but Idk if I am gonna keep it. I also might just try to put the audio amp aswell on the same board