Question Good screen to use

Looking for a good screen to use for my N64 portable. Looking for 5" if possible. What have you guys used? Something noob friendly lol. Im in Canada so I'm looking on amazon.ca and eBay.ca but no one responded to my questions if they take composite video on the sites. I'll buy from non Canadian sites ,it will just cost me 35% more for USD prices

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I suggest reading around the guides and stickied threads on the forums a bit more, as they are written to answer most of the most common questions. In the Portablizing BOM there are many screens of varying sizes and aspect ratios. The N64 only outputs 4:3, so go with a 4:3 screen so you dont get a stretched image. The screen on line 5 (Part number ZJ050NA-08C) is a excellent 5" 4:3 screen that accepts the composite video that the N64 outputs.
if they take component video
The N64 doesn't output component video, so unless you are running a complex setup involving converters, component video doesn't matter. Its very rare that screens accept component video anyway.

Sorry sleep induced typing I meant composite. The screen on line 5 isn't available. I'll try searching the model number. I may try the screen on line 10 of the BOM it seems alot like the one u suggest but half the price

Shank

Staff member
Portables
The screen on line 10 is a 16:9 screen. The image from an N64 will be stretched and not look good. Listings on ebay come and go, and the ones we have are only examples and prices are approximate. Searching the part number will bring up many other listings.