Gman's Wii portable

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Finished my Wii portable! Let this be the first of many!

Features:
5 inch screen
RVK-01 motherboard
Wifi and Bluetooth retained
Ashen's fusion rev 4 case
5600mah batteries -lasts around 3.75 hours
Low battery indicator active at 10 minutes left
Switching headphone jack
PSP speakers with mini ipod amp
GC controller
3ds sliders
DS lite abxy buttons
Dual tact mod shoulder buttons
SD loading with Wiiflow
Wasp modchip for full Wii compatibility

Pics!
IMG_20160320_174031338_HDR1_zpsosgngcj0.JPG
IMG_20160403_152423276_zpsvjqkgegh.JPG
IMG_20160403_152557084_zpsyhebdneo.JPG
IMG_20160403_152725167_zpsdip9lz0k.JPG

Video!

Special thanks to Shank for putting up with all my newbie Wii questions for the past 2 months and for believing in the Wii when no one else did, to everyone who contributed towards the Wiisearch and Development, also to Ashen for giving me the fusion rev 4 case which turned out to be a perfect fit for the Wii.

Last edited:

Noah

retired
Portables
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SO SEXY

No "Visit BitBuilt.net to learn how to make your own?" :P

All kidding aside, nice to see you hold the record for the world's smallest! (And yeah, pretty sure it is.)

Fantastic work! Now fit one in a DMG. :D

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
No "Visit BitBuilt.net to learn how to make your own?" :P

All kidding aside, nice to see you hold the record for the world's smallest! (And yeah, pretty sure it is.)

Fantastic work! Now fit one in a DMG. :D
:blush: added Bitbuilt in description. My video editing skills are pretty limited :'( BB could use a formal video intro to include in people's videos.

Yeah it's the smallest... for now. The previous Wii handhelds were pretty gigantic so really anybody to utilize the new Wii techniques first would've made it the smallest. Naah DMG too big:P

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Nice work!

Almost missed this! You should really put a post at the end of your thread saying it's finished ;) otherwise, awesome work!

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
POW!! Sheer awesomeness!!....... but where is the wii game testing???:eyeroll:
I must confess I dont own any Wii games actually. Popped a Wasp in their as it is the easiest and most practical method for full compatibility currently. But as a GC machine, its pretty awesome considering the battery life is double a GC portable and the emulators are a bonus too.

I must confess I don't own any Wii games actually. Popped a Wasp in their as it is the easiest and most practical method for full compatibility currently. But as a GC machine, its pretty awesome considering the battery life is double a GC portable and the emulators are a bonus too.
How about you get your hands on some wii games then:P Some games accept gamecube controller input so you should be able to play them. Like mario kart wii.

Just curious to see that it is actually working correctly. I'm pretty sure it will but it has not been confirmed yet.

Definitely awesome about the battery life though and the little extra's:mrgreen:

So now on to the Wii U>:)

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Filmed another video narrating the features of the portable since there was some confusion on the details on youtube. With BitBuilt banner edited in by ShockSlayer, thanks

JacksonS

Portables
Volume is usually controlled by GND but Sync uses 3.3v, so I'd like to know, how did you put them both in one button?