Question Getting video output from trimmed wii?

I've been waiting for things to get in stock/arrive and find a cheap 4 layer wii before I start my portable but I'm kinda confused on how you get video output from a trimmed wii so I can connect it to my tv or screen or something. I'm probably just going to do u10 reallocation first After I install Portablizemii while keeping everything else to make sure that works and while I wait for parts. Any help is appreciated thanks.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
If you check the trimming guide, it shows where you can get composite video out and component video out. It is also possible to get VGA out through software mods and some difficult wiring (there is a thread on it if you look for it). You can very easily test your Wii after trimming by hooking up composite video and ground to either a display, an AV connector which you could connect a cable to your TV, or you could even cut out and sand the original AV connector and use that. Generally, after this simple test is done, you can continue to use composite video for your portable or try your hand at the VGA mod if you're comfortable enough with fine soldering (most displays do not accept component video).

If you check the trimming guide, it shows where you can get composite video out and component video out. .
So you just wire a cut up composite cable to the composite audio left and audio right pins on the gpu? Sorry I don't 100% understand . Also I probably won't do the vga as I'm not the best at soldering.

Attachments

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
So you just wire a cut up composite cable to the composite audio left and audio right pins on the gpu? Sorry I don't 100% understand . Also I probably won't do the vga as I'm not the best at soldering.
You can cut up a composite wire if you want, you don't need to connect the audio if you just want to see if the Wii works. Just follow the composite video trace (the yellow one) and solder to a component along that trace. When you connect the audio to your portable you connect the audio L and R to your amp. You solder to some component along the trace that is before the preamp (unless you are powering it).

You can cut up a composite wire if you want, you don't need to connect the audio if you just want to see if the Wii works. Just follow the composite video trace (the yellow one) and solder to a component along that trace. When you connect the audio to your portable you connect the audio L and R to your amp. You solder to some component along the trace that is before the preamp (unless you are powering it).
Ok thanks I should probably be good when I get to trimming now.