Getting something out?

How do you force yourself to just get the stupid thing out and stop tweaking and changing stuff over and over? I've printed each side of the case 4 times now and keep changing little things (first project) and then get on here and see the amazing job everyone is doing and feel like I should be doing more or making the portable smaller or adding a button here or learning from this build there and I feel like it's making me not finish the project.

Anyone who's a first timer or who used to be a first timer how did you force the product out when you feel like constantly just scrapping things and starting over and over again?

Any advice or stories of your own experiences in this hobby? I'd love to hear them

ahrlad

I gave that fight up long ago, I've accepted that I probably won't actually get anything working well, if at all. It's almost part of the charm for me, having an eternal project where every solved problem allows me to go deeper into the hardware rabbit hole

I find the satisfaction of finally grasping some weird thing about battery tech or display interfaces or power conversion or stuff like that really compelling

Portables
How do you force yourself to just get the stupid thing out and stop tweaking and changing stuff over and over? I've printed each side of the case 4 times now and keep changing little things (first project) and then get on here and see the amazing job everyone is doing and feel like I should be doing more or making the portable smaller or adding a button here or learning from this build there and I feel like it's making me not finish the project.

Anyone who's a first timer or who used to be a first timer how did you force the product out when you feel like constantly just scrapping things and starting over and over again?

Any advice or stories of your own experiences in this hobby? I'd love to hear them
The reality of a hobby like this is that you're first will never be as good as the best. The people who make incredible looking portables either already had tons of experience with 3D modeling and electronics, have been making portables for years and years, or have the persistence of a fucking god.
It just takes time. The more you do it, the better you'll get, and the better your portables will be.
Have patience. You'll get there :)

The reality of a hobby like this is that you're first will never be as good as the best. The people who make incredible looking portables either already had tons of experience with 3D modeling and electronics, have been making portables for years and years, or have the persistence of a fucking god.
It just takes time. The more you do it, the better you'll get, and the better your portables will be.
Have patience. You'll get there :)
Thank you very much, I kinda just wanted to know if it's something that other people go through or is it just because I suck and don't know how to do things right or whatever, but it makes me feel better knowing that this isn't just because I suck lol