Question general help with Wii trimming stuff

i have started to plan out my wii portable but i need to know a few things first

1 i have a 6 layer board but im not sure where i connect the usb vias to on the usb pcb

2 im not sure where to connect the gc plus to my wii motherboard and where on the gc plus do i connect the power and the wire that goes to the motherboard

3 where on gmans power management board do i connect the charge port

4 in the wii trimming 6 layer expansion there are some vias im confused about what do the gc and gc video vias do and how do i get 12v for the a/v vias if the power management board only has 1v 1.15v 1.8v 3.3v and 5v

5 do the audio left and right go to an audio board or right to the speakers

6 im planning on buying a 5in dalian screen but where on the board that connects to the screen do i connect the video output from the motherboard this one (https://tinyurl.com/yyllqntx)

7 i might have asked this before but is there a way to add a hdmi output to switch between the lcd and my tv

8 instead of connecting the sensor for the wii controllers would it be possible just to add 2 leds on each side of the console

9 could i have an internal usb stick and somehow wire it to be accessible through usb c or micro usb from the outside

10 i was going to trim my motherboard today but my Dremel broke and i don't want to buy a new one is there an alternative that wil work i have almost

11 do i need an external wii controller to play wii games or can i play them through the built-in controller

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
1. This should hopefully help https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/commonly-used-diagrams-and-pinouts.2367/

2. GC+ needs power, ground, and data. The power/ground comes from the regulators, and the data goes to the data pins on the wii board, listed here, specifically to the vias labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4 for players 1, 2, 3, and 4.
gcpins.png

3. The pinount is listed at the bottom of the first post on this page.

4. The GC vias are for controllers, and the GCVideo vias are only needed if you are wiring a GCVideo. You don't need 12v for the A/V vias, that is normally to power the onboard audio preamp, but the preamp is not required

5. Audio needs to go through an amp before the speakers (!not the onboard preamp as that requires 12v!)

6. Depending on which video you plan on using (composite or VGA) will determine. composite only requires composite video and ground, which are labeled on the trimming guide. If you use VGA, you should use the pinouts listed on the VGA patches page.

7. You would need to use a hdmi converter/upscaler to get HDMI out. (!This won't work with the VGA patches!)

8. Yes, this is how most people do this, since the sensor bar is just IR leds spaced apart

9. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/building-internal-usb-drives-into-portables.2206/

10. If you want to trim your board, you'll need some kind of rotary tool (see dremel), so I'd suggest just replacing whatever broke (if it was just the cutting disc and the dremel still spins, those can be replaced for only a couple bucks)

11. The control scheme stays the same for the games, so if you needed a wii remote before, you still do

1. This should hopefully help https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/commonly-used-diagrams-and-pinouts.2367/

2. GC+ needs power, ground, and data. The power/ground comes from the regulators, and the data goes to the data pins on the wii board, listed here, specifically to the vias labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4 for players 1, 2, 3, and 4.
View attachment 8994

3. The pinount is listed at the bottom of the first post on this page.

4. The GC vias are for controllers, and the GCVideo vias are only needed if you are wiring a GCVideo. You don't need 12v for the A/V vias, that is normally to power the onboard audio preamp, but the preamp is not required

5. Audio needs to go through an amp before the speakers (!not the onboard preamp as that requires 12v!)

6. Depending on which video you plan on using (composite or VGA) will determine. composite only requires composite video and ground, which are labeled on the trimming guide. If you use VGA, you should use the pinouts listed on the VGA patches page.

7. You would need to use a hdmi converter/upscaler to get HDMI out. (!This won't work with the VGA patches!)

8. Yes, this is how most people do this, since the sensor bar is just IR leds spaced apart

9. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/building-internal-usb-drives-into-portables.2206/

10. If you want to trim your board, you'll need some kind of rotary tool (see dremel), so I'd suggest just replacing whatever broke (if it was just the cutting disc and the dremel still spins, those can be replaced for only a couple bucks)

11. The control scheme stays the same for the games, so if you needed a wii remote before, you still do
thanks for the response but im still confused about a couple of things,

1 what exactly is GCvideo i looked on the forum but wasn't able to find anything about it

2 so do I connect just 1 data line to the gc plus like if i wanted the controller on the console to be player one i just connect it to the 1 via on the board, and would you happen to have a diagram of what on the gc plus does what

3 for the usb im not sure how to connect it to the board because in the definitive wii trimming guide none of the usb connections are labeled