Release GC2Wiimote - beta

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
It took a while, but I think I finally got to a point stable enough for a beta release. For those who don't know, this hack allows to emulate a Wiimote by using a GC controller. I'll be quick because it's 3:30am. This is a list of the current features:
  • Emulates a single Wiimote, more could be implemented in the future
  • Currently support a bare Wiimote or a Wiimote+Nunchuk. Classic controller and motion plus will be included in a future release
  • Fully customizable button/feature mapping via included configurator homebrew
  • Support for emulating wiimote shaking. Tilting and other movements will be included in a future release
  • Can map a stick to the dpad (for games like Paper Mario or Kirby)
There are more features that I have planned, but I will reveal them in the future.
Before installing the hack you need to already have portablizemii installed (even the VGA patched one is fine).
The hack includes a new build of neek2o in which I fixed a bug that caused many games to corrupt saves. Also, even though the bluetooth module is completely patched, somehow neek fails to boot if the module is not wired. Hiidra will remove its need, but for now we are stuck with it.
Before installing the hack make a backup of the "nands" folder in case you have save files you care about, just to avoid issues.
To install the hack:
  • Unzip the archive and copy all the content of WMEmuHack to the root of your USB drive. Very important: merge the folders, don't replace them.
  • Power on your Wii and run the homebrew "BTWiimoteInject" and when it's done turn off your Wii (there's no soft-exit).
  • Power on the Wii again and from postloader go in the channels menu. Press Start/Home and select the option "Copy SYSCONF from real NAND".
  • Run "WiimoteEmuConfig" and map the controls for your games (it will list all the games in the wbfs folder).
  • Run any game and enjoy... if it doesn't crash...

If you want you can share your configuration files here.

As always, this project was made possible thanks to the support I get on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/aureliomannara. If you like this project and want to help its development, please consider helping on Patreon. Thanks :)

PS: The name is not final

Attachments

Last edited:

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Can’t wait to try this! Has been so awkward playing Wii games with remotes for me. Say it time and time again but we are in the Golden Age.

Thanks Pizza man.

@Aurelio First of all congratulations bro for the great work I tried yesterday (I haven't installed portablizemii yet) but without installing the postloader I opened it and managed to copy "Copy SYSCONF from real NAND", went to WiimoteEmuConfig and mapped the games, so now , am I going to open the games directly by WiimoteEmuConfig? or I have to open them by a specific loader. A hug and success always.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Aurelio First of all congratulations bro for the great work I tried yesterday (I haven't installed portablizemii yet) but without installing the postloader I opened it and managed to copy "Copy SYSCONF from real NAND", went to WiimoteEmuConfig and mapped the games, so now , am I going to open the games directly by WiimoteEmuConfig? or I have to open them by a specific loader. A hug and success always.
Games have to be opened from postloader and you have to install portablizemii first, then the hack (especially the sneek folder, the homebrew can be run anyways)

Games have to be opened from postloader and you have to install portablizemii first, then the hack (especially the sneek folder, the homebrew can be run anyways)
I use "Neeck20 NSWITCH" for nand emulated inside my external hd, it has the sneek folder, I even merged the one you sent with it, and I was able to load the game I mapped (New Mario and Mario Paper) by postloader choosing (Neeck20 \ FAT32) the game loaded from the "Neeck20 NSWITCH" emulated menu and ran the game normally but it ran with wii remote, so I don't have portablizemii installed.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I use "Neeck20 NSWITCH" for nand emulated inside my external hd, it has the sneek folder, I even merged the one you sent with it, and I was able to load the game I mapped (New Mario and Mario Paper) by postloader choosing (Neeck20 \ FAT32) the game loaded from the "Neeck20 NSWITCH" emulated menu and ran the game normally but it ran with wii remote, so I don't have portablizemii installed.
You can use nswitch. Portablizemii is not strictly required, but you still have to replace the sneek folder with the one from the hack

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I've been helping to test the pack over the last couple days and I've got to say it's pretty fantastic. Very stable and pretty much every game I'd ever want to play is as functional as can be expected.

I've included a zip file with a bunch of config file for the hack. It takes a little while to set up a config file for every single game, so hopefully this will help speed up the process. You can edit these configurations in the WiimoteEmuConfig app if you can't find a certain function or don't like how I have something mapped.

Also if anybody else can't get Super Paper Mario working, hit me up and we can have a crying session together.

Attachments

@Aurelio An interesting fact, if I press the "A" for Game Cube control inside the game, this screen appears, debugged, tested with New Mario, Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Aurelio An interesting fact, if I press the "A" for Game Cube control inside the game, this screen appears, debugged, tested with New Mario, Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy.
What screen?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Uhm thst might be some debugging coming from neek. Try deleting the file font.bin in the sneek folder

Uhm thst might be some debugging coming from neek. Try deleting the file font.bin in the sneek folder
Excludes font.bin and stopped debugging, the game works normally by Neeck20 but wii remote, GC control nothing working a pity even should be little that is missing.

My wii does not have Bootmii installed, it has priiloader installed, and the postloader I have not installed it on wii, I have it on external hd and squeegee through the home brew channel and I do not have Portablizemii other than that everything else was done with accuracy.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
My wii does not have Bootmii installed, it has priiloader installed, and the postloader I have not installed it on wii, I have it on external hd and squeegee through the home brew channel and I do not have Portablizemii other than that everything else was done with accuracy.
If it's using the stock wiimote it means that you have not replaced kernel.bin with the one from the hack