Question GC+ Replacement Controller Board Pinout

When looking at the GC+ Replacement Controller Board pinout, I noticed that there is an R and an Rt, as well as a L and Lt. Can anybody tell me the difference between the R and Rt and is there any way that I could use those four inputs like the four shoulder buttons on the wii classic controller?

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
R and L are for the analog sliders of the shoulder buttons. Rt and Lt are when you press the shoulders of an OEM controller all the way down and they "click".

Yes, you can wire them up to 4 separate buttons, as that's how the dual tact method works - literally just one tact switch resting on top of another.

GC+ pinout and documentation here.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but what is the difference between an analog slider and the shoulder buttons of an oem controller?

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but what is the difference between an analog slider and the shoulder buttons of an oem controller?

The shoulder button IS an analog slider. For instance in Super Mario Sunshine, if you lightly squeeze on the shoulder button, then you will spray out a small amount of water. The harder you press, the more water you spray. Once you completely compress the shoulder button, it will click and you cannot move mario.

The gentle squeezing is the analog part of it, and the click is the digital part of it.

On the GC+, RT and LT are the click part and the R and L are the analog part of it.

Ok thank you. That makes so much sense. So when all of the buttons are connected to the chip, how does the chip connect to the wii?

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Ok thank you. That makes so much sense. So when all of the buttons are connected to the chip, how does the chip connect to the wii?
The answer to that question can be found in the guide hub, with both the Wii Trimming Guide and the GC+ documentation. It's better if you do your own research and REALLY read through things. Be thorough.

But in essence, all controllers connect the same way. You have a power, ground and data line. You connect these to the board in specific spots on the wii. The GC+ documentation labels these as D (data) + for power and - for Ground.

I saw that the gc+ board supports 3ds sliders. Can it support any sliders or just the 3ds ones? Like the sliders on a moga controller maybe.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
As long as they are standard potentiometer sliders and they have a linear characteristic, then yeah