GC Micro A la Wesk -- with HDMI and internal wavebird receiver.

Finally finished this little boii.

Wesk's GC Micro project with HDMI.

Features:
AVE-HDMI Enabled. Special stl for digital video.
Internal Wavebird receiver on P1 (with data line switch for GC port 1)
RVL-PMS pcb for power.
LMAOv2 ish trim.
MX relocation.
BT Relocation
Added wiimote sync switch on the side through the vent grill.

IMG_8895.JPG
IMG_8897.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG
IMG_8901.JPG

I accidentally trimmed off one of the pairs of USB ports so i only have one hooked up... all i need though.

I don't have tons of nudes from the end but a few from along the way. Sorry i didnt do a build log. This was just a long term side project. :) If im in there again ill take more photos of the guts... or if someone is just dying to see. hehe.

IMG_8223 2.JPG

I still have to make another three adapters to make a full set but i rarely play with more than one other person so the Wavebird on P1 and adapter with GCC on p2 will be fine for me.

Special thanks to @CrazyGadget for printing the model and hooking me up with most of the parts. Epic human.

Thanks to @Wesk for making cool shit for us to follow in the footsteps of.

Attachments

buzzyc

Awesome work!
I really wanted to get of these off the ground, but have yet to get a successful NAND relocation to work. Was there any design reason for barrel plug over say Micro/USB C?

Yeah, using usb c would be an extra complication as the RVL-PSU runs off of 12v. That is also how Wesk designed it the build.

Good luck with nand relocation. When you are ready to do another one reach out and ill give you some pointers that helped me :)
Awesome work!
I really wanted to get of these off the ground, but have yet to get a successful NAND relocation to work. Was there any design reason for barrel plug over say Micro/USB C?

loopj

Awesome build!

Curious to know if your wavebird is working flawlessly. I've had trouble getting wavebirds to work after trimming, I think some of the passives near the gamecube connector which get trimmed off are important for the wavebird receiver.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Awesome build!

Curious to know if your wavebird is working flawlessly. I've had trouble getting wavebirds to work after trimming, I think some of the passives near the gamecube connector which get trimmed off are important for the wavebird receiver.
The Wavebird is known to have disconnects if you haven't relocated the MX.

loopj

Well that would certainly explain it, I hadn't relocated the MX on my build! Thanks Wesk.

Do you happen to know if any of the Hiidra/RVLoader MX patches help?