Question Gc+ help

so i started wiring up the gc+ im using DS Sliders..at first I was getting an emu.something error that stated it was outdated and to reset the cache. Then after a few resets that went away mysteriously. I have my slider sx/sy stick functioning except that when I slide it down all the way it resets the cursor to the center of the screen. The left right and up seem fine. And down works half was slid down just not all the way..bad slider possibly? Also..Warning very noob question..but i wanted to wire up my A button just to check pressing options menus and such but I think I'm not wiring it up correctly I understand which legs of the tacts to wire to but is it just a data wire to the "a" on the gc+ to one leg of the tact, and then the other leg to ground? Or does the other leg go to 3.3v?.. thanks

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
For the buttons, one side goes to the pad on gc+ and the other goes to ground. Not so sure about the issue with the stick, @Aurelio may be able to help more

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I had just tried the x,y,a thing. It's still acting the same. I received an error as well when loading nintendont
@cheese
@Aurelio
Before doing other tests, I’d try replacing the stick with another one to make sure yours is not faulty. Also make sure you wired it properly.
The issue you are having with the error showing up on Nintendont is probably due to the usb wiring. Make the wires shorter and twist the more.

I shortened the usb wires and twisted them more. Replaced the slider, same issue. What's odd is I just noticed on a sub-menu screen or any other screen besides the main menu the slider works fine up down left and right. Just on the main menu I'm having the problem. Resetting the slider hasn't helped. Maybe it's the deadzone? I'll try doing the config. To see if that helps..still getting the error message as well. Odd because it says "SD" cant be opened instead of usb, then the next screen before reset is "disc drive cant be initialized". Sometimes on the main menu it will blank out to the third picture I posted, then the menu will pop back up. Any ideas? I figured my wiring is correct because PM loads
@Aurelio
@cheese

Attachments

Last edited:
I can take a pic but I currently have it hot glued. I used magnet wire on the two extremely small smc's label 6/7 per the guide I read it was better to solder to those instead of the vias because of an extra safety precaution. I also just read online that it could be the version of nintendont I'm running. I'm running version 4.432 which I read someone similar was having issues with their usb until changing it to a different version. Do you know how to rollback to an earlier version? I could try that..now that I think of my previous comment. I do have a movie I was watching on the root of my usb, so you think nintendont is auto reading it and obviously because there's no disc drive anymore that's why its throwing an error code? I noticed as well that when I move the cursor over any of the app icons on the main menu, i.e. nintendont, after a few seconds it loads automatically without me hitting "A". Is this normal? I could check the wiring on my data line it may or may not be hitting the 2nd player pin on the ic it's so small kind of hard to tell. That could be causing me issues possibly..
@Paul3854
@cheese @Aurelio @Turd [USER=60]@Shank @Gman @everyone[/USER]

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I can take a pic but I currently have it hot glued. I used magnet wire on the two extremely small smc's label 6/7 per the guide I read it was better to solder to those instead of the vias because of an extra safety precaution. I also just read online that it could be the version of nintendont I'm running. I'm running version 4.432 which I read someone similar was having issues with their usb until changing it to a different version. Do you know how to rollback to an earlier version? I could try that..now that I think of my previous comment. I do have a movie I was watching on the root of my usb, so you think nintendont is auto reading it and obviously because there's no disc drive anymore that's why its throwing an error code? I noticed as well that when I move the cursor over any of the app icons on the main menu, i.e. nintendont, after a few seconds it loads automatically without me hitting "A". Is this normal? I could check the wiring on my data line it may or may not be hitting the 2nd player pin on the ic it's so small kind of hard to tell. That could be causing me issues possibly..
@Paul3854
@cheese @Aurelio @Turd [USER=60]@Shank @Gman @everyone[/USER]
You have to use the nintendont build we have included in portablizemii, otherwise it won't work. Download the portablizemii pack and get the nintendont boot.dol from COPY_TO_USB/apps/nintendont.
For the sliders try to calibrate the ranges in the configuration homebrew.

PS: Do not tag everyone on the forum. Don't be a Bakuku

Lol okay I won't tag everyone anymore. I def. Enjoy this forum a lot and don't want to be a bakuku. Not sure what that is but doesn't sound good lol thanks I'll try all of that. Though I did use the portablizemii pack with nintendont and everything included. I'll try again

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Lol okay I won't tag everyone anymore. I def. Enjoy this forum a lot and don't want to be a bakuku. Not sure what that is but doesn't sound good lol thanks I'll try all of that.
It’s one of our users that used to tag lots of users in each post and we never enjoyed that

So 8 months into this project and it's still giving me issues..I'm close to being done so it does get a little frustrating..the slider problem I believe ended up being the "y" wiring to the gc+. After re-wiring it works fine. Although when i go into the controller config I Cant select any options for some reason. When loading super Mario sunshine I also lose controller function. I read online to check native control also to emulate memcard but when I went to test that out last night my data pad(d) on the gc+ came off...fml...I have three blank pcbs from oshpark and everything to assemble another one, with a pickkit3 except the microcontroller. Don't want to go that route. I will try to fix the messed up pad first then update this thread..any advice would be appreciated

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
So 8 months into this project and it's still giving me issues..I'm close to being done so it does get a little frustrating..the slider problem I believe ended up being the "y" wiring to the gc+. After re-wiring it works fine. Although when i go into the controller config I Cant select any options for some reason. When loading super Mario sunshine I also lose controller function. I read online to check native control also to emulate memcard but when I went to test that out last night my data pad(d) on the gc+ came off...fml...I have three blank pcbs from oshpark and everything to assemble another one, with a pickkit3 except the microcontroller. Don't want to go that route. I will try to fix the messed up pad first then update this thread..any advice would be appreciated
Since you broke some pads and you already have blank PCBs, I would build a new board from scratch.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If you really want to save they board you have already you can just wire to the trace. Just scratch it a bit and tin it

I'm going to try that first. Though I still havent been able to fix the auto-selecting bug I'm having. Whatever the cursor is on top of will be selected without hitting "A" so navigating any of PM has been difficult. I think it might be the gc+. Maybe a short or something. I'm going to try to get this one to work. If all fails I'll assemble a new one

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I'm going to try that first. Though I still havent been able to fix the auto-selecting bug I'm having. Whatever the cursor is on top of will be selected without hitting "A" so navigating any of PM has been difficult. I think it might be the gc+. Maybe a short or something. I'm going to try to get this one to work. If all fails I'll assemble a new one
Did you wire the c stick?

I havent wired the c stick, L, R, Z, up, left or right. Just the main stick,a,b,x,y,start,and down. I did down because of the auto selecting thing I had to hit down really quick to prevent nintendont from loading from sd and throwing the error message