GC Controller Shoulder "click"

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
One of my GC controllers is different from others in that the L button doesn't "click". I've taken it apart and cleaned/made sure there was nothing unusual about it but I can't seem to figure out why that's the case. It's been like this ever since I got the controller new. What part of the shoulder assembly causes the "click" and what can I do to make it click? FYI, this isn't for a portable, just for a plain old GC controller.

IMG_1843.JPG
One of my GC controllers is different from others in that the L button doesn't "click". I've taken it apart and cleaned/made sure there was nothing unusual about it but I can't seem to figure out why that's the case. It's been like this ever since I got the controller new. What part of the shoulder assembly causes the "click" and what can I do to make it click? FYI, this isn't for a portable, just for a plain old GC controller.
The black part here makes the "click".
Check the rubber membrane part and make sure everything looks good there.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
View attachment 2420
The black part here makes the "click".
Check the rubber membrane part and make sure everything looks good there.
Do you mean the black plastic piece or the black circle on the rubber membrane? Either way, the piece looks fine. You think switching the shoulder assembly with one from a different controller would fix it? Do I need to replace the entire assembly or just one piece if so?

EDIT: Just noticed, the rubber piece is broken! The inside has been punched through, I'll replace that and report back

The whole black piece with the rubber on the bottom. The grey rubber on the bottom is what actually makes the click. The black part in the rubber is a conductive pad the connects the signal to ground. If you have some pictures of your assembly that's not working, maybe someone could tell what the problem could be. Switching out the assembly would most probably fix it if you can't figure out what's going on though.

Edit: just saw your edit. Haha that should fix it! Do you have a replacement?