Worklog GC+ 2.0 DIY controller

Portables
So for the sake of portability and something less bulky in design than a standard GC controller. I'm giving a go at a GC+ 2.0 non custom PCB board design intially for the sake of prototyping and I'm not kicad proficient yet. This had been something I wanted to do once I had my partybox done so I had a controller that was easier to carry around.

So far I've pulled from a couple portables for sizes and spacing, namely the Aran Wii portable and G-Wii so thanks Wesk and Gman for that start.

Overall dimensions are fitting in 138*86*30mm, the first version will be digital analog. However so far I do have space in the bottom I might be able to design a variation on the classic controller analog triggers that could fit in a thinner profile.

Thickness of the controller could be shaved but I'm aiming to use stick boxes instead of switch joycon joysticks so that doesn't allow for something too thin.

Current roadblocks since just ran through initial design on the weekend are my triggers for z and analogs are pinching on the outer shell and made a pivot I didn't anticipate so I will need to redesign those a bit and I need a bit more standoff height for tactile mounting on the face buttons

*** Added image with face buttons and black sticks

Attachments

Last edited: