GBoy rev3

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Had Shank, JacksonS, and Downing over for a few days last month. Shank, Jackson, and I each made a GBoy rev3 :D

The shoulder, start, and power buttons were resin casted. The new version uses the Switch Joysticks.

wiiboy2.jpg
wiiboy3.jpg
wiiboy4.jpg
wiiboy5.jpg
wiiboy6.jpg

Last edited:
This is an amazing build! Are there any print files to follow? I would really like to try making one of these. (If i'm being honest, this is my first time trying anything like this, so i'm like rookie x10, but finally having access to some 3D printers at my college, I wanted to at least give it a shot.) If not, Are they for sale? This is a must-have.

Last edited:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
This is an amazing build! Are there any print files to follow? I would really like to try making one of these. (If i'm being honest, this is my first time trying anything like this, so i'm like rookie x10, but finally having access to some 3D printers at my college, I wanted to at least give it a shot.) If not, Are they for sale? This is a must-have.
I am not releasing the files for this. We will however be offering Gboy DIY kit for sale eventually. Checkout the GWii or Louii cases, they are open source.

Last edited:

spiny

You should try and cast the two parts of the shell, a clear epoxy polished shell would be rad and maybe even more durable :)

Last edited:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Made a Blue/white GBoy at Shankapalooza, I call it the GBoy lite

20191021_184312.jpg

20191021_184154.jpg

Wii brothers
20191022_201930.jpg

what can I say I really love this filament color
blu.png

20191021_180128.jpg

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Gman brought a few Gboy kits for people to assemble at MGC, so here's mine:

20191019_205518.jpg
20191021_195031.jpg

Case was printed on this super fancy 3D printer my campus has. Looks pretty sick but unfortunately it's pretty brittle, screwposts didn't hold up too well.

The kits are going to be pretty neat, this was a super fun build. A big thanks to Gman for letting me do this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gman brought a few Wiiboy kits for people to assemble at MGC, so here's mine:

View attachment 9672 View attachment 9673
Case was printed on this super fancy 3D printer my campus has. Looks pretty sick but unfortunately it's pretty brittle, screwposts didn't hold up too well.

The kits are going to be pretty neat, this was a super fun build. A big thanks to Gman for letting me do this!
Wow that looks awesome as a clear handheld! The originals look incredible as well!

xsping

Hello gman, I am now confused about the audio part of gboy, where are they connected to on the wii mother board, is there any explanation about that? any help will be appreciated!

Attachments

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Hello gman, I am now confused about the audio part of wiiboy, where are they connected to on the wii mother board, is there any explanation about that? any help will be appreciated!
There will be pads for audio on the other side of the board.

xsping

There will be pads for audio on the other side of the board.
i think those pads on the front should be connected to wii motherboard ave audio and video section to get original sound bypassing ave IC , but i can not find the clear explanation for ave IC input, so i do not know where this audio boards pads should be accurately connected , it is appreciated anyone can give me the schematic

Portables
i think those pads on the front should be connected to wii motherboard ave audio and video section to get original sound bypassing ave IC , but i can not find the clear explanation for ave IC input, so i do not know where this audio boards pads should be accurately connected , it is appreciated anyone can give me the schematic
SC - SCL
SD - SDA
W - WS
D - SDI
C - CLK
M - MCLK

There's the Pinout for it and the name translation.

Attachments