Question GBC overclock on Toggle switch (change speed without restarting system)

I'm new at this, but I've overclocked a GBC with a 12mhz oscillator on a DPST switch. For the overclock to work you must have the switch set to "on" before starting the system. While playing you can return to normal speed but cannot switch to the 12mhz overclock. I noticed on the GBA you can set up the toggle to allow you to switch speeds while playing without having to restart the system. They do this by cutting a trace and running a wire shown in green, here is the image.
aZDtNXg.jpeg

I am only guessing but are they interrupting the trace and forcing it to flow trough the toggle switch? Is it possible to do something similar with GBC. Here is a scan of the GBC Oscillator removed. It looks like the switch needs to be on a trace that's between the Oscillator and the CPU (I think that's where I circled). I would like to have my toggle switch work like this GBA toggle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
gbc oscillator removed.jpg

I been looking at some schematics (first time ever doing so) and I would like some help finding some things. I noticed GBA and GBC both have a trace between the crystal and the CPU with a "CK1" terminal attached. You can see on the image, (GBC board scan & GBC schematic) the crystal is red, and a trace leads to a CK1 terminal. I need help finding that terminal and that trace location on the GBC board. I think what I drew here is similar to the GBA, please correct me if I'm wrong.
GBC_question_on_schematics.jpg

Last edited:
I figured it out! I lost a solder pad in the process but it worked! I ended up removing the crystal and disconnect the top bridge and forced that connection through the toggle. There is no CK1 Terminal on the GBC board. It shows on the schematic but no terminal on my CPU-04 or CPU-03 boards. Here is a diagram I made and a picture of my temporary set-up. (you can see the top left solder pad is missing.)
Overclock 2nd attempt.jpg
162849784_890364898409503_4372076129063925193_n.jpg

Here is a video: