Undervolting....
Staff member
GBA Console Scan 3D scan data.

Contains:

GBA Console Front
GBA Console Back
BackScanQuad.pngBackScanQuad2.pngFrontScanQuad.pngFrontScanQuad2.png

Specs:

These are re-meshed versions of the original scans, they contain a lower poly count to be easier to work with but are virtually identical to the raw scans.
Average poly count per mesh is about 600,000 triangles.

Point cloud data is also provided if you would like to mesh your own raw models.

NOTE:
3D scans aren't perfect, if light cannot hit certain parts of the object then the scan will contain 'Blobs' in those areas.
These scans are provided as reference only. No assistance will be provided on how to use this data.

Downloads:

Meshes: GBA Console Meshes

Point cloud: GBA Console point cloud data.

GBA Front Shell (Higher Quality)

More Scans to Come......

Last edited:
Nice! I finally got around to modding my GBA but it really hurts my hands. And since it seems as if no one has ever made a GBA grip. I am just going to attempt to learn how to make my own model. Planing on using this and a model of a 360 controller to make a grip. I can't believe nobody's made one yet. Also I saw the tingle tuner while looking for a grip, if that's yours then nice job. Thanks for the model and if you have any advice please let me know ha. I printed someone else's dnd figurine once and that's it.

Actually, What modeling software would you recommend for doing a build like this?

Edit: update, using blender. Using your gameboy model (it's great) and a model of someone's 3DS grip. Finished the top half to fit the GBA (based off of a youtube video), but I'm going further and making it fit better and so you can access the Vol, aux, and Pwr. I'll share when it's done and tested. I am sure others want one.

Last edited:
Alright I edited someones 3DS grip to fit the GBA. So it fits and you can use the vol, aux, and power on the bottom while it's in it. I have not picked it up from the shop I used yet so I still have to test to make sure it actually fits, I would be surprised if it doesn't. If it does fit I'll put the model up for others to use. I'm going to try and smooth this one out if it's too rough and I'm going to paint it white as well. I ended up using Blender.

Attachments

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Alright I edited someones 3DS grip to fit the GBA. So it fits and you can use the vol, aux, and power on the bottom while it's in it. I have not picked it up from the shop I used yet so I still have to test to make sure it actually fits, I would be surprised if it doesn't. If it does fit I'll put the model up for others to use. I'm going to try and smooth this one out if it's too rough and I'm going to paint it white as well. I ended up using Blender.
Sounds good, make sure you do a worklog over here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?forums/handhelds.125/

Tron08

This is great! Love the idea of making grips and hard cases for this console using these scans. Thank you for sharing!

good worker master <3

In the future I intend to make a print of this GBA model in transparent ABS, by the way... were you able to scan the Sega Nomad? I would really like to do a portable MEGA DRIVE project using a scan (replica)

Thank you for this! I actually needed this, since the people I commissioned to texture the shell model weren't responding. You released this just on time.