Gamecube with Wasp

Bakuku

Portables
Somebody asked me to mod his GameCube system for him with a Wasp Fusion modchip.

Thought I'd share it with you guys.

The Wasp is installed in such a way that if you would open the unit you can disconnect the modchip easily from the FFC cable. All pins and power and ground go thru the FFC. Pin 23 goes to the original disk lid switch meaning if you open the disk cover with the button on top of the GameCube the GameCube will tell you to insert a disk.

The diskdrive assembly remains intact and its own plug is covered with electricaltape to make sure it doesn't get power, ground and any other data signal input. So no double signals. This also means that if you were to disconnect the Wasp, remove diskdrive assembly plug tape and reconnect the little molex connector to the disklid switch the unit will function as normal!

Enjoy

Attachments

Just wanted to ask, did you get your wasps from your own stock, or do you have a secret supplier?

Loved the micro SD integration on your latest portable btw.

Bakuku

Portables
Just wanted to ask, did you get your wasps from your own stock, or do you have a secret supplier?

It's from my own personal stock I got from AliExpress.

And thank you.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Oh bugger.... RIP portable Gamecubes