Question Gamecube Portable Part List

Hello. I'm new to console modding myself but I've been doing research on making my own for a while now and thought it was time for me to start making one. I've decided to build a gamecube portable since I wanted to build a portable that can play many different games through emulation and gamecube games but I figured that a wii portable wouldn't be good for a first portable. So far I've researched a bunch of the parts that I need for the portable but I didn't know if their were better parts than the ones I've found and if their was anything that I am missing. I've put out the current part list that I have formed below.

Gamecube
Gamecube controller
5.6 inch lcd panel with board
Wasp fusion
2x Gamecube 128mb memory card (one for homemade sd gecko)
2x 32 gb sd cards
audio amp (I've got no specific one in mind but if their is one that is better or more compatible with a portable i would use that)
battery indicator board
Haven't really decided on a speaker
I know that im using li ion batterys not sure on control circuits and what batterys i should use
Thinking of making a custom vacuum formed case or frankencasing a wii u gamepad
sd card socket
some type of small fan
Haven't decided on headphone jack

That is my part list so far and I'm very open for suggestion on my parts. Also when will Badass consoles have megadrive v6 back in stock, I have found a place to get a wasp but i would have to manually wire up the Wasp to the mainboard and a megadrive would probably be easier to set up. And should I get a gamecube component or one of the many other options or just stick with the normal cables.

JacksonS

Portables
For an audio amplifier, I would recommend the PAM8803. It uses two buttons for volume control. You can get one with speakers here, but the speakers are pretty large.

I think the GameCube component cable is way overpriced, so if you want the best quality video, maybe you should wait for the GCVideo.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
^
Plus, you don't need a second memory card if you just wire your second memory card port directly to a SD slot
If you go the game pad shell method you can buy em cheap on eBay (some even come with some nice extra things like buttons, rumblers, etc).
Make sure you buy wire and solder, lots and lots.

Finally, make sure you measure all your parts, lay out where you want them all to go, design your case, and then build it. Make sure you plan well, or you may end up like me (a almost finished gc portable from a few years ago that didn't fit into the case :blush:). Most importantly, let the stuff inside your portable determine the outside, not the other way around, it will save you so much headache and you'll be much more likely to finish in a reasonable amount of time.

I will probably go with that amp and find a set of speakers that will fit the design I have in mind. I'm going to search around some more for battery and the other things I don"t have. Thanks for the feedback.