Question GameCube games don't run anymore

Hi everyone, yesterday I updated RvLoader from 1.4 to 1.6, So... I deleted every file and folder I supposed to don't need and which were not in common, except covers, config etc.
So I use RvLoader homebrew in Sd:/usbloader_gx/RvLoader/boot.dol and RvLoader source files in USB:/RvLoader (I hope one day we'll can configure path to put this folder on the Sd card but that's not the point). I don't install RvLoader with priiloader as I use a non portable Wii.
So everything works fine like before for Wii games, but for GameCube games, they are displayed in the screen but pressing A button doesn't do anything, I can configure them, go to settings, go to Wii, press A the Wii game run, but the GC list just stay without doing anything. I can literally press A, and then dpad to scroll games.
So I would thank you if anyone see what happens and help me about this.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
RVLoader is intended to be run entirely off a USB drive, and isn't designed to be used in conjunction with other loaders. If you're doing some multi-app SD card shenanigans, it's outside the scope of RVLoaders intended function

I know that but it worked just fine yesterday even though I configure like this. And only the apps/rvloader/boot.dol,meta.xml... is in the Sd card. Once the .dol is loaded it's in the "ram" of the Wii so not used anymore by the program itself, no ?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
As long as all the files are on the USB drive it should work. Did you delete nintendont from the apps folder on your USB drive by any chance?

It never be in, Nintendont have always been in Sd:/apps/usbloadergx/Nintendont. But that's worked before. I do this in order to Homebrew channel only show Usbloader gx, pimp my wii and WiiXplorer. For all other homebrews I want to see them in Usbloader gx homebrew pages.
The strange thing is, if it was a folder or a directory path problem, RvLoader should "launch" the GC games by pressing A button but made an error, a black screen, something. Here, pressing A just don't do anything so I don't understand.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
RVLoader loads Nintendont from USB:/apps/nintendont, there's no getting around from it. What happens is that RVLoader can't find Nintendont and simply doesn't do anything

I understand that but why does it worked with my folder system in 1.4 ? Nintendont wasn't in the USB drive

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Probably something like an old failover check from the early days of development that was removed in 1.5 or 1.6 alongside general optimisations.

Ok, I copied Nintendont in USB:/apps/nintendont and it works fine. Thanks you very much.
Can I hope @Aurelio you will add a settings page in the loader to customize folder paths in the future ? Like usbloader gx for example.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I understand that but why does it worked with my folder system in 1.4 ? Nintendont wasn't in the USB drive
Probably something like an old failover check from the early days of development that was removed in 1.5 or 1.6 alongside general optimisations.
It never worked. RVLoader has never had code to even initialize the SD card in it. You probably had left the nintendont folder on the USB drive before and didn't notice.

Ok, I copied Nintendont in USB:/apps/nintendont and it works fine. Thanks you very much.
Can I hope @Aurelio you will add a settings page in the loader to customize folder paths in the future ? Like usbloader gx for example.
RVLoader was developed for Wii portables in mind, and its scope will probably never change. Honestly if it wasn't for Wii portables needs I wouldn't have developed it at all, it's not meant to replace other loaders on home consoles.

RVLoader was developed for Wii portables in mind, and its scope will probably never change. Honestly if it wasn't for Wii portables needs I wouldn't have developed it at all, it's not meant to replace other loaders on home consoles.
Yeah anyway I didn't planned to launch GC in RvLoader as I can do it in USB loader gx, I just wanted to check what happened what was wrong.
I only use RvLoader for GC2Wiimote since it definitely easier to use it than deal with system neek and neek2o... stuff I really don't understand ^^