Question Gamecube Controller Mod ( 1 Controller, 4 Consoles ) ?

Hey everyone.

Ive got this stupid idea i want to try out but dont know if it would work or not.

Idea is simple. Ive got 4 Consoles, each with a GBA Player and a Copy of Pokemon Fire Red /Leaf Green. I want to be able to control all 4 games, at the same time with one controller, without using Wavebirds.

Though if i was to splice a few cable extentions together, connected to one controller i could in theory control 4 consoles. Connect the 4 extentions together on a PCB with only one 3.5V and Gnd going out on one cable.

Thinking if one cable was giving me 3.5V Power, Ground, and Data, and the other 3 where just sending the Data cable. Thats all i would really need to do.

Will this actually work? Im assuming the Data/Power/Ground one one console will be enough for the other consoles not to bring up a "no controller" warning, and all it needs is the Data line for imputs.

All this for Shiney hunting and saving £250 on Wavebirds.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Wiring together the data lines of different ports/consoles would not work. The data line is bidirectional (the controller doesn't send anything unless the consoles asks for data), so you would get conflicts between different consoles

Wiring together the data lines of different ports/consoles would not work. The data line is bidirectional (the controller doesn't send anything unless the consoles asks for data), so you would get conflicts between different consoles
Could this be done with your GC+? Like 4 GC+ sharing the same Gamepad cable for the buttons but each one with different extension cable for each gamecube

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Could this be done with your GC+? Like 4 GC+ sharing the same Gamepad cable for the buttons but each one with different extension cable for each gamecube
No, the GC+ works just like any other GC controller.
PS: Don't bump old threads

Since this was bumped just 10 days ago here's my proposal:
I'm guessing wiring 1 button to 4 GC+ would work as the buttons are just wired to GND, so you could essentially have 4 Controller Wires come out of one GC+ based Controller that has 4 ICs in it. Since the GC+ all have the same inputs you could wire one of the Gamecubes to the power and GND of the GC+ boards and wire all of the Gamecubes to 1 GC+ Data line each.

Since this was bumped just 10 days ago here's my proposal:
I'm guessing wiring 1 button to 4 GC+ would work as the buttons are just wired to GND, so you could essentially have 4 Controller Wires come out of one GC+ based Controller that has 4 ICs in it. Since the GC+ all have the same inputs you could wire one of the Gamecubes to the power and GND of the GC+ boards and wire all of the Gamecubes to 1 GC+ Data line each.
This is what I was thinking about, only 1 GC+ with voltage (Marking this cable to know its the main one). For now, I discover the GBA TX Controller and the GameCube Receivers from InsideGadgets and already did an order, I’ll receive it in the next 2-3 weeks