Gamecube Button Placement

I am using a wii u gamepad controller for my wii portable. I am using the GC+ Controller Board. I am not entirely sure which buttons to use as analog sliders. Would you guys recommend I move the analog sliders to the wii u gamepad joystick buttons, or move the z button to one of the joystick buttons and make the analog sliders two of the shoulder buttons. By the way, I do not want to do the dual tact mod.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
If you're not doing the dual tact setup, I would recommend keeping analog slider and shoulder click together, i.e. use the 4 Wii U shoulder buttons. I like the idea of using the joystick click as your Z - that's what I'd suggest going with.

Thanks guys. One other thing I was wondering was is there any way to somehow have the gamecube controller register as a classic controller although it is plugged into a different slot?

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Thanks guys. One other thing I was wondering was is there any way to somehow have the gamecube controller register as a classic controller although it is plugged into a different slot?
Why would you want it to?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Well, I am not using Portablize Mii and more games accept classic controller than gamecube controller.
All of the emulators accept a GC controller, so there isn't any extra benefit there. Are there lots of Wii games that utilize the classic controller, but not a GameCube controller?

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Well, I am not using Portablize Mii and more games accept classic controller than gamecube controller.
If you don't use portablizemii, afaik you'll have to use a wii remote to use the portable at all, otherwise you can't navigate the main menu. I believe you can navigate it with a classic controller, but those have to be plugged into a wii remote as well. If you build a gc controller into your portable, it'll just be for in gc games or games that support it. So there's really no reason to try and make your gc controller a classic controller as well since you'd have to build in a wii remote which starts a bunch of other problems.

I'd recommend doing some more research into PM since you're wanting to control the wii through the built in controller, just to make sure you know what you want

There are a fair amount of games that support wii classic controller over a gamecube controller. Some of them are my favorite wii games, and I do not want to lose them. Here is a link to show what I mean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_with_traditional_control_schemes

In answer to madmorda, I will use bootmii which is compatible with a gamecube controller. It is not that I don't want to use PM. It is just that I have altered different ios's of my system and do not want to take the risk of doing anything wrong. Also, there are not any videos I could find of the format and how to do different things on it. Like with the wii homebrew apps, there are many videos online showing what they do and what they look like. I want to know what I am going to be using before I try to take the risk to install it on my system.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Portablizemii is awesome. I even installed on my non-portablized Wii because it is so easy to use.

Edit: I should read the whole post, that would be good...

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Why aren't you using PortablizeMii? It's awesome. I even installed on my non-portablized Wii because it is so easy to use.
It is not that I don't want to use PM. It is just that I have altered different ios's of my system and do not want to take the risk of doing anything wrong.
What cioses did you install? I might be able to help install pm, just with a little more effort than usual

I am not entirely sure. All i know is that to play cod mw3 off my usb, i had to install a custom ios with i think base 37 and i pit in the ios 49 slot on d2x cios installer

But i dont care about saved data or anything. So a system wipe is not out of the question.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Unfortunately a system wipe doesn't actually reset IOSes. Did you do anything to IOS 58, 80, or 254? If not you can go ahead and try to install PM like normal, and I'll give instructions if an error happens

Portables
Lol!
You can always exit out of PM to the main Wii menu so there's no reason to not install it. Why not, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯