GameBoy 64! V2.0

Portables
Hello,

Here's my newest Nintendo 64 portable, an improved version of the last GameBoy64 based on the feedback i received.
Specs:
Nintendo 64 REV 04
2x 18650 panasonic 3400mAh (2:30 to 3 hours of gameplay).
5" LCD TFT screen.(Composite signal).
1st party N64 controller with Gamecube-Style joystick.

Pictures:

IMG_9265.jpg

IMG_9266.jpg

Version 2.0 was made because of the feedback i received, i know i could've done better. so special thanks to the people who helped me out in this project.

Check out my Worklog.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Damn, talk about improvement. That thing is hot. Nice work!

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Wow, that's a huge upgrade over your first! Excellent work, MomSpaghetti. The paint and finish on that looks really good. Whether you decide to improve upon this one, or make a new design altogether, I'm looking forward to your next build.

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
classic ;-)
have seen way worse.. at least i hope yours doesn't overheat after 30 minutes like mine does - RIP
but i guess that glue on the mainboard will melt over time.. might wanne print some small spacers/holders or sth. and maybe epoxy instead of hotglue.

your soldering looks decent, get some good flux & everything will be even better.

Portables
classic ;-)
have seen way worse.. at least i hope yours doesn't overheat after 30 minutes like mine does - RIP
but i guess that glue on the mainboard will melt over time.. might wanne print some small spacers/holders or sth. and maybe epoxy instead of hotglue.

your soldering looks decent, get some good flux & everything will be even better.
I’ve been using it for a while now and everything’s good, I’m using heatsinks and the fan kind of blows near that area since there’s a small opening from that angle.
Thing is, I kind of used a big fan, now I have a fan that’s like 50% smaller than the one I used, so on my next project, I’ll design a better cooling system.

Thank you for the input.

Portables
that's awesome! how well does it run?
To be honest it runs great, but i might stop making n64 portables unless i find a solution for the expansion pack, even when nothing is touching, if you shook it a bit, it'll freeze up.

If i ever decided to make an n64 portable next time, it'll be the expansion pack soldered instead of in the slot.

But other than that, it's a great portable, doesn't heat up, all is good.